Posts by defsquad

Quote: Originally Posted by PouncePony I have a 60GB 5Gen Ipod that I use with lossless and an amp. I also have a 32GB compact flash modded Ipod Mini that I use on the go. Pony, What do you or have you done about the audio quality from your CF modded mini? I currently considering the myriad of DAP choices to replace my CF modded ipod mini. I would consider keeping it if there was a CHEAP way to gain better audio quality out of this little guy....
it seems like all the rage these days is to ask which dap to get. so i'm going to try it again. right now i own the following: ipod mini CF modded (32gb) and rockboxed audio technica ath-ck7 koss ksc75 (kramer modded) yuin pk3 (en route from head-direct) what i listen to: downtempo/trip-hop ambient/idm turntablism underground hip-hop christian metal/rock secular metal/rock jazz/rock/funk fusion i've been wanting to up the sound quality and maybe get back to a color...
Quote: Originally Posted by edart I got 8 hours music out of my ipod yesterday and still had 30% left on my battery. I was not listening to it for the whole time as I forgot to switch it off when I came in and it was still playing a few hours later. now that's good news. i was considering getting rid of my CF modded rockboxed ipod mini for a 30 gig ipod video and CF modding/rockboxing it. i too thought that the battery life after rockboxing an...
yeah, i'm kinda curious about this too. i'm with you on this ben; i've currently already got a CF modded ipod mini, and am wondering what my best options are for the best sound quality from this thing. unlike you though, i was hoping to not have to amp it, but it looks like that's the only option. i have similar headphones as you too, PK3's instead of OK3's. Anyway, I'll be following this, hopefully others will chime in with their suggestions and thoughts. it seems...
I'm at a total cross roads here. It's not that I'm dying for more space out of my 32gb CF modded ipod mini, I think it's that I know that as far as features and functionality is concerned, the installation of Rockbox is about the only thing you can do with this thing. I also miss having album art displayed, and generally just having a color screen (not that I'm looking at the screen all the time while working or what not, it's just a handy feature). I'm not really an...
i know this thread is old, but, i don't think there are any performance issues for youtube watching. i've been watching (on my n810) some mini series' on youtube without issue, very clear.
wow, no other progress on this? kocondor? you sir have gotten the natives restless! i just hope you can calm them down with pics, videos, and tutorials.
So I finally upgraded from my V-moda Vibes (1st gen) to some new headphones. I decided to do more research on various signatures for the type of music i listen to. I have to say, I'm quite pleased with my choice. I was worried about the bass reproduction in the CK7's, it is defintiely tight and controlled. Not loud boom boom bass (the vibes had more of a bassy feel to them), but it is very technical sounding. I'm really happy with my decision to go with these over...
I sold a broken ipod mini to Felipe, for hacking/modding purposes. The back and forth communication with him was great and he paid promptly. I would definitely recommend him to other HF forumers and would also buy/sell from him again.
can any of you confirm if you've found on the net where a 1st gen ipod mini is good for doing the CF mod? specifically a 4gb 1st gen model? doh! found my answer after searching one more time. yes the one on geek technique is a first gen, however the 2nd gens have the better battery life increase when switching to flash memory vs. the first gen. models.