Posts by DougofTheAbaci

That's the thing, though. If you helmet broke then it didn't work, by the admission of the engineers who make them. As said, the stats don't back up either side of the argument. What's more, there's some evidence that not wearing a helmet makes drivers more wary of you as they might see you as more vulnerable. There is no yes or no answer to the question. I'd still like to see some helmet recommendations all the same.
The 93SPEC went really well with my Heir Audio 8.A's. however, the cable has stopped working. I hardly beat my gear so 1.5 months doesn't speak we'll for the cable. Maybe I just got unlucky... They have said they'll fix it but the shipping is going to be pricey. Does anyone know someone in California who could repair a cable?
Are you not using the DAC? My Bifrost and my Leckerton (when using TOSLINK) override OS X's audio controls.
Thanks for the tips about Strava. I gave it a look and it looks really useful. I live in San Francisco so signal isn't really going to be a problem for me and once I get downtown I know my way around well enough that I won't need it. One other thing I'm curious about is where you guys sit on helmets and if you have any recommendations? I'm kind of 50/50 right now after spending the morning reading through a number of articles and papers on the subject. It seems to strike...
I just bought my first bike since no idea how long... Really excited to get my hands on it (it's being built now). Thought Head-Fi was as good a place as any to ask around if people had any good iOS apps and the like they use for riding, tracking the rides, directions, etc.
From what I read in a few reviews it sounds like the upgraded tubes do improve the sound but it's not revolutionary, just a slight refinement.
The trick for testing gear comes down to understanding the flaws inherent in what you're trying to do. For a start, you can't just flip a switch and go from A to B instantly so you can't do a comparison between the two directly. As such you are left comparing mental impressions which is extremely difficult. Make your job easier by choosing a set of songs you're familiar with, preferably with instruments that you are familiar with, and then listen to that playlist for a few...
Ooo. OK, now I get it. So how big of a problem is it with the WA7? Or is that determined more by the computer and if so short lot listening how can you tell if it will be an issue? I would rather know ill have to buy another device with the WA7 before I purchase if it comes to that.
Which is important because...?
Can you go into specifics? 'Higher quality' doesn't tell me much.