Posts by DougofTheAbaci

They do and are extremely comfortable. People saying they don't notice them isn't an exaggeration, they really do seem to disappear.
Such a cable exists! You can find it here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/719062/review-estron-linum-bax-new-iem-cable-for-a-new-age
I figured I could find information to compare that to but... Nope! Anyone know how this compares to something like the stock Westone or a Noble Magnus?
FWIW, I haven't found the tangling to be a problem. It tangles more, but given the nature of how thin it is, it also untangles really easily. I normally just have to lightly pull on one or two strands and it falls apart. In terms of sound, I can't say I hear a sonic difference from the cable itself when compared to the others I've had (93SPEC, Magnus, Westone) but I have noticed a fit difference. As I've mentioned, cables with larger plugs tend to push against my...
It's not as if you put them on the table, come back an hour later and they're a tangled mess. Personally, I don't find it to be any worse than the stock Westone cables or my Heir Audio stock cable. If you're really worried, take the money you saved compared to all the other after-market cables and buy something like this.
What's the general consensus on build quality so far? I'll find out on Tuesday, myself, but curious all the same.
Definitely. Mine came out to just short of $70 with shipping.I don't subscribe too heavily to the idea that headphone cables drastically change sound but the ergonomics of this cable appear ideal. My only concern at this point is durability but at $70 it's not that much more than a stock cable so definitely worth a try.
Ah, was hoping it was a simple fix. Sorry.I just placed my order for a 2Pin BaX. For the record, the US distributor does PayPal, if you ask. Looking forward to trying it out as every cable I've bought so far has either had build issues or ergonomic ones (I really dislike guide wires and normally the plugs stick out so far they press against my cheekbones and ruin the fit unless I push them way out).
Out of curiosity, did you double-check the fit? I know in my own experience that every time I switch a cable it effects the fit of my CIEMs pretty significantly and given how low a margin for error there is with the fit of customs it can really effect the sound.
Not gonna happen, then?