Posts by DougofTheAbaci

If I do this I'll actually be selling my 8.A to cover as much of the cost as possible (after I've got my new IEMs, of course). One of the ways I'm mentally justifying the change is because selling my 8.A's would cover the price of the 4C's with room to spare.
Apple's MO is to create buzz by announcing products, making statements. Not by filing for patents. They do that all the time and nothing ever comes from it. Besides, Apple doesn't have a history of pre-empting dropping 'standard' technology from it's devices. The death of the CD drive just happened one model and soon it was gone from all of them. But each time it's been done, it's been for a technology where there was a clear reason to get rid of it. Dropping the 3.5mm...
Hi guys, I'm looking at the Noble 4C and while I have some idea about what it sounds like, having owned the 4.A back in the day, I was wondering about a more specific question: How close is the sound signature to something like the HE-500? See, I love my HE-500's and think their sound is perfect, for me. I have a pair of 8.A's now but their bass is just too much and they're lacking a bit on the high end. And that soundstage... Man, HE-500 has a wonderful sound stage. From...
Personally, I think it much more likely they'll do the sort of port you have on the MacBook Pro that can act as a digital or analogue out. That would make by far the most sense than creating an entirely new connection type then working with every headphone manufacturer to get them to start making iPhone versions of their headphones. The cost for headphone manufacturers would be way too much for the payoff. Then Apple has to give everyone adapters and suddenly to use...
Out of curiosity, how are people using these that they think the cable isn't long enough? Are you talking when set up with an AMP on the desk or portable? Because I've kept mine both in my pants pockets as well in my inside breast pocket on a few jackets, I've never had a problem with length. I'm also not exactly a short gentleman so it can't be that you're all seven foot giants... I could see it being a bit of an issue while in a seated position if your AMP is...
BaX seems to be the model of choice so far for people.
Ergonomics is why I bought this cable. It's as light as it looks and as comfortable as you'd expect. I don't notice it. At all.One thing I haven't seen much mentioned but one of the main reasons I hate most CIEM cables is because they seem to conflict too easily with glasses. Whether it's because they're a little on the thicker side (which is common for after-market cables) or because of that stupid memory wire... They always seem to rub against or get shifted out of whack...
Or it could be how the cable changes the fit of your headphones on your ears, that's what it is for me. Since they're so low-profile they don't press against my head or shift when I put on my glasses. Result is my CIEMs fit as intended, seal as intended and sound as intended. Meant a bit more bass (due to the seal) but I didn't lose any of the high-end others had mentioned.There are a number of factors that can account for why the sound might 'change' with a new cable.
Contact them directly, they will put you in touch with a reseller. That reseller will give you instructions on how to make a purchase. Is it a little convoluted? Yep. I had to think twice about it because it seemed a little sketchy (something these guys need to address if they're to have any large success).But they'll work with you, be responsive, and ship the cable very quickly.
And the lighting connector on my iPhone is worlds better than the micro-USB connector on the Android devices I work with every day. That doesn't mean I don't wish everyone used the same connector. (Please let micro-USB 3.1 not suck.)But anyway, getting off topic here. How are others feeling about the build quality after using the cable? I think I'm getting used to it, or at least I'm less afraid it will snap just simply by wearing. I kind of wish they'd braided in some...