Posts by DougofTheAbaci

They're Otterbox cases. They're waterproof to about 100 feet. Since I doubt you plan on taking your headphones diving with you I'd be willing to bet it can take anything you throw, or splash, at it.
There go my plans for running the Iron Man with my 8.A's (if you knew me you'd understand just how ludicrous that idea truly is).Thanks for the information, I think I'm going to give the 93SPEC a try. I followed up with the company with a few other general questions and they were quite quick to respond, which speaks well of them, I'd say.
Out of curiosity, has anyone used the WA7 with a pair of HE-500's or Heir Audio 8.A's? I've heard good things but was wondering if anyone could illaborate on how they pair, specifically compared to a Schitt Lyr and Byfrost stack.
Double.
My issue was the memory section and how far the pins stick out on the updated Magnus. It sticks out a solid centimeter and a half, or there abouts.
You should take a look at Otterbox's other cases but for all intents and purposes OB and Pelican are of equal quality so you should be fine with whatever you get.
I should clarify, the 2000 comes with the customs. The universals may very well come with the 1000 series. I had both (1000 was lost with my 4.A's) and found the 1000 to be a tight fit, indeed, but my 8.A's rattle around in my 2000. It should be more than big enough and they are as rugged as you could hope for.
Otterbox 2000 series.
I've been looking for a new cable for my 8.A's and I think this is going to be it. There were a list of things I want to improve on them but only by the slightest degree, things like bringing the vocals a bit more forward and fleshing out those highs a tad. Sounds like this cable is the perfect solution to both my ergonomic issues with the Magnus and what small sound issues I have with the 8.A. Do you find you use it as your primary cable with it or do you use something...
I hate to say it but you might want to check your insertion as mine don't have excessive treble, either, unless I haven't inserted the, properly. In short, if you never find yourself wondering where they're hiding the subwoofer in the 8.A's housing then ey probably aren't in right. It's probably worth noting that there may be a level of burn-in with the 8.A. It's hard to tell how much of it was my learning to insert them properly, the sound changing or just becoming more...