Posts by DougofTheAbaci

OK, few things: Those of you who have shared opinions that aren't positive, thank you. Continue to do so. You are welcomed and valued. Please continue to share your opinions, even if not everyone appreciates them. They are needed here. Loose pins suck but let's keep this in perspective. The solution is extremely simple, completely non-invasive and a tool that the vast majority of people have ready access to is the only requirement. Also, while this problem isn't unheard...
THis isn't the first time people have had negative things to say about Heir Audio and I doubt it will be the last. Such is the nature of business, ladies and gentlemen. Let's not be pedantic and say we have to 100% stick to the letter of the title. We're 455 pages into this thread and I doubt we got here by only telling Heir Audio how amazing they were. We've discussed a lot of things and, for the most part, all have been related to Heir Audio. As long as that's true I...
That's just bit-depth and sample rate. You can have those in your standard FLAC and ALAC files just fine, though I imagine WAV and AIFF would be more common (both are standard and well supported).Also, I'd say a digital lossless source will likely be better than a CD if for no better reason than CD's get damaged and degrade with time. Digital files don't. OK, they do, but not nearly to the same degree and a good filesystem (ZFS, for example) will remove that problem but...
Not as stellar as I'd hoped but, as it is, I never use my 8.A's at home because I don't want to buy an entirely separate rig just for home use for my 8.A's when I have my HE-500's right next to them. Having something that can drive them, if not flawlessly, but can drive my HE-500's to perfection is much more important to me.I don't suppose anyone knows where I could demo a WA7 in the San Francisco area? I gather I have to order directly from Woo Audio but a part of me...
Yes, you are! And I still want to hear your thoughts on how the WA7 pairs with CIEMs!
When you saw his impressions where you tempted to just go, "Screw it, let's see how many drivers I can shove in this guys head"?
For the record, I do really like my 93SPEC cable. I think it's a good quality cable and looks very nice with my 8.A's. It also is a little better in terms of ergonomics than the Magnus, for me. I'd say it's a worthy upgrade if you're looking to try something different. My point is that you shouldn't expect there to be this amazing difference between your current cable and a high-end one. So here's the thing: When we buy these expensive cables we're doing so to improve the...
The more I read about cable science the more I start to believe a chunk of it is placebo, but maybe not all of it. I wouldn't expect a world of difference from one cable to another but there is something to be said about ergonomics and so forth. Some cables transmit noise along the cable from hitting or rubbing against things more than others. Some are shielded more thoroughly. Some cables have larger or smaller plugs at either end. Different braids make cables lay in...
I called them and paid by card over the phone. My 4.A I paid by check because the bastard wouldn't go away without money and refused to take cash and couldn't take cards.
Yes and no. The problem is that with the 93SPEC my 8.A's fit me better than they did with my Magnus. So while I'm definitely getting better sound I'm unsure how much of that to put down to the cable and how much to just having a better seal.In the end the one thing I can say for sure is that my 93SPEC is great for ergonomics, if a bit more stiff than the Magnus. I also love the look of a silver cable over the black one. It really makes the wood caps pope.Speaking of, I'll...