Posts by DougofTheAbaci

Marsupial edition.(Or a typo.)
No, you're totally right. Everyone is like you, no one spends money on things. Same reason we're all using Apple's ****ty white earbuds, am I right?No, Beats music run by Beats the company is a threat to no one. It's a hobby for a company like that, a "let's see if we can make this work". But if you think Spotify isn't worried every time Apple does anything even slightly close to streaming then you really have no idea how business works.
Ordered my 4Cm scheduled my audiologist appointment... Wallet isn't speaking to me anymore... Good times.
Apple clearly didn't buy Beats for their sound engineers so why would they want Bose? Besides, Bose already works very closely with Apple and is always a featured partner. They don't need to buy Bose and Bose doesn't need to sell. Apple already owns the same demographic as Bose so again, what would they gain by purchasing them?Apple mostly owns the music industry but they don't have anything in streaming and studios are loath to give them the licenses. That's where Beasts...
That's assuming that Apple bought Beats solely for their ability to make a headphone. And that makes absolutely no sense. However, if you imagine they did it to get the brain trust, the brand recognition, licensing deals, patents... Suddenly it makes a lot more sense. Those are the sorts of things that are difficult to quantify.
My wallet is glaring at you right now, haha.
If I do this I'll actually be selling my 8.A to cover as much of the cost as possible (after I've got my new IEMs, of course). One of the ways I'm mentally justifying the change is because selling my 8.A's would cover the price of the 4C's with room to spare.
Apple's MO is to create buzz by announcing products, making statements. Not by filing for patents. They do that all the time and nothing ever comes from it. Besides, Apple doesn't have a history of pre-empting dropping 'standard' technology from it's devices. The death of the CD drive just happened one model and soon it was gone from all of them. But each time it's been done, it's been for a technology where there was a clear reason to get rid of it. Dropping the 3.5mm...
Hi guys, I'm looking at the Noble 4C and while I have some idea about what it sounds like, having owned the 4.A back in the day, I was wondering about a more specific question: How close is the sound signature to something like the HE-500? See, I love my HE-500's and think their sound is perfect, for me. I have a pair of 8.A's now but their bass is just too much and they're lacking a bit on the high end. And that soundstage... Man, HE-500 has a wonderful sound stage. From...
Personally, I think it much more likely they'll do the sort of port you have on the MacBook Pro that can act as a digital or analogue out. That would make by far the most sense than creating an entirely new connection type then working with every headphone manufacturer to get them to start making iPhone versions of their headphones. The cost for headphone manufacturers would be way too much for the payoff. Then Apple has to give everyone adapters and suddenly to use...