Posts by georgep

Tried to point you to this (http://www.head-fi.org/t/641737/bhse-tube-rolling/105#post_12791246) in the BHSE tube rolling thread where you posted the same question....
These were discussed at least once already in the thread. Conclusion was not as good as the dutch/belgian/British NOS stuff, but certainly better than the current production stuff.
The extended base are the very first iteration of the el34 tube.
Sorenb I believe has a working kgsshv circlotron, but not 100% sure. Another fellow is trying to complete his build but it is the size of a large fish tank. Based on Kevin's description it "should" sound a bit better, but unless you build your own or spend the 10k plus to have someone else build it (probably crate shipping only) it is just theoretical. Kevin has said the circlotron was the only other amp that gave him a "T2 moment".
Not sure where you get your "electrostats barely reach 45%" from, but stators are supposed to be as stiff as possible so that they do not move. Not sure that thin metal mesh is the best approach in achieving the required stiffness.
 I suspect that in most cases people shouldn't be doing any adjustments, and that the only time you might have out of whack measurements is when using out of whack tubes (usually new production or non true el34 tubes), which probably should mean you should look to other tubes. People shouldn't assume they need to make adjustments because they are changing the tubes. Instead, if they are inclined, or are not using tested used/new old stock tubes, then they may want to check...
Regardless of where you use them, NOS tubes don't stay perfectly matched for very long once you start using them. But I wouldn't sweat it as it usually doesn't make much of a difference and the bhse doesn't push the tubes very hard.
Sorry, what specifically is the issue with mosfets in electrostatic amplifiers? They are used in the kgsshv carbon, among others.
Working on my second at the moment.
All good. Need to have you over at some point to hear the carbon with your 009 and 007.