or Connect

Posts by Exit Pupil

Ok folks, I thought I'd put this topic back into its proper thread. As I previously stated - "if I do get anything else, rest assured, it will be burnt in with a ruthlessly cruel and monstrous detachment unimaginable to the friendly folk within these friendly forums" Not new phones, but I'm about to burn and bludgeon the HD650. They've sat in my closet unused for quite a few years now. I forgot I had them. Unloved phones which never lived up to any of my expectations, or...
Aurum Cantus V3M. Plugged rear ports. No subwoofer. The HD650 will be burning in one way or another. Two pairs of DT150 and one Ultrasone Pro 900 survived this procedure. One pair of my DT150 had very poorly matched drivers, but after a week of non stop unimaginable abuse, they were like a pair of blue-printed freak phones. Impossibly smooth, punchy and holographic.
Another sober five year update. My same home hifi is still destroying great headphones. Particularly in the bass department. I rolled it's tubes and upgraded its output transformers, and some of its point to point wiring,,,otherwise it's the same old amp and speakers. I haven't listened to the HD650 in a few years now...they sit in a closet. I see they still have a following. I was thinking of re-burning them in using my previous brutal technique which either destroys a...
No new cans for now....I've got cans pushed under beds, they're in my sock drawer...even a set stored in the car. I've got my mint HD650 stuffed into a box with spare motorcycle helmet padding. The 650s own box sits unused on top. My grandmother requested to use it for decoupage. I only have ultrasones, beyerdynamics and sennheiser. I'm intentionally maintaining my current state of blissful ignorance re anything new or possibly better.... But if I do get anything else,...
I'm still burning these in and they just get better and better.
Just researching this topic and wanting some feedback if possible. Many thanks.
Don't get me wrong..I have other phones and loudspeakers which fulfil my needs superbly. I just wanted to know if there were any mods people do on the 650?
I haven't been on this site for years but the hd650 is still the king phone!....with double the hits here as the hd800 thread? It's crazy! Not much has changed. My 650 has been sitting in the top of a cupboard for five years or more due to natural selection. Imo its hardly worth the effort to sell this kind of stuff...more fun to get it out for a comparison every few years. It was the bass of the 650 which was the big let down for me. I really loved everything else, but...
....dt150 and ultrasone 900 was due. Both are simply superb. Those dt150 are just so silky smooth but with a nuggety and deep tight lower frequency and bass response which makes other phones sound anaemic. No long term problems whatsoever from the brutal burn in. The ultrasone pro900 are the the 'funnest' phones I have, with possibly even deeper bass than any beyer and a crazy holographic soundstage too boot. A heap of felt has cured a forward top end superbly. The...
I thought an update on