Posts by Hardwired

This is the Headroom Desktop amp with all the upgrades except the stepped attenuator, and the matching desktop power supply.The power supply power cord and proprietary power/amp connector are included, as well as the regular power supply that shipped with the desktop amp. The power supply has a manufacturing date of 8/7/07 and the amp is either 2/9/07 or 8/9/07 (see the pictures) but I think that's a 2 instead of a bad 8. I bought them from Headroom at the same time so I...
This baby has been on my desk at various work places over the past several years. The amp is marked with the manufacturing date of 11/03/06. I recently replaced it with a Schiit Magni 2 Uber and have no use for it any longer. Own a piece of audiophile history!   Cosmetically it looks fantastic for an amp almost 9 years old, and it continues to work flawlessly. I'm also including a Cardas 3.5mm-to-3.5mm connector cable that I used with it. The amp comes with the wall wart...
Incoming headphones are pushing these out. The D7000s come in the leather box with the 1/4" to 3.5mm adapter. These sound great and everything works as expected.   I'm the 2nd owner of these and I do tend to use my headphones so there are some imperfections. There is a scratch on one of the metal panels that I managed to catch in one of the pictures, and the right cup has a scuff and a mark of some kind. My attempts at capturing them were defeated as my photography...
I'm putting these beautiful W5000s up for sale as I have replaced them with some HE-560s. They come with the velvet-lined case, the velvet bag that I assume is for holding the loose end of the cord in while in the case, and the headphones themselves. They have a 1/4" plug and no 3.5 mm adapter. They sound great and everything works as expected.   I am the 2nd owner of these and they have been lightly used.  I do tend to use my headphones so these have a few light scuffs...
 Yep. It's that first jump from crap to non-crap that's the big one. After that it's just fine-tuning the sound to be what you like. More bass? Less bass? More top end? Wider soundstage? There's an amp for that. 
 Well, define 'big'.  At work I listen to the Magni with high-quality MP3s out of an iBasso DX90 and at home I'm using the Asgard out of a Bifrost Uber USB with FLAC files, so I hope I can hear a difference.  That's not exactly fair to the Magni because it doesn't have the same quality of source, but I did listen to the Asgard out of the DX90 before I took it home (had them all delivered at work) and there is just a touch more bass, a bit more soundstage, and a scosh more...
 Mine barely gets warm. It sits alone on my desk with plenty of airflow and it's not sitting on a DAC, so maybe that's part of it, but it doesn't get anywhere nearly as hot as the Asgard 2, which I had to buy a desk fan for. My Magni 2 Uber just gets warm enough to let me know it's on. My Asgard 2 gets hot enough to worry me about spontaneous combustion.
 I'm thinking that's not so much "help" lol
 Correct, my order was placed a few minutes before my outburst  and Dan's announcement.
Dammit! I stayed away from Head-Fi for 5 years to save my wallet, and then come back and pre-order a pair of Ethers!   At least I got the last pre-order pair with the upgraded cables.  Yeah, I'll keep telling myself that.    Is there a help group for Head-Fi members? This is such a love/hate relationship.