Posts by poo

Withdrawn from sale, not enough interest at the right price to justify selling such an awesome DAC. Happy to be keeping it!
Withdrawn from sale, not enough interest at the right price to justify selling such an awesome DAC. Happy to be keeping it!
Happy to cover shipping costs for US buyers
Happy to cover shipping costs for US buyers
Sounds like you're at a point where the only person likely to be helpful in making a decision is you. As you've mentioned, these amps are all available in stores local to you, so take your gear along and go listen to them! Why would you want to have anyone else telling you what to buy?!
I should add that these are only quick impressions in a much less than perfect listening environment. Looking forward to getting one home some time soonish and really sitting down and listening to some albums.
Got to have a quick listen through HD800 today and was impressed. For me there were a few areas where the sound fell short, primarily in terms of soundstage specifically in comparison to my DAC1PRE. Also in complex passages I found things to muddy together a little more than I'd expect. These are the only things I noticed as negatives and to be honest I was trying to be picky and find things. I guess the most telling comment that I'm likely to make is that I plan to buy...
Would love to hear your impressions. Plan to audition in the next couple days but don't have balanced cable yet.
Finally made the decision to sell the last of my Benchmark DACs. Unit is a Benchmark DAC1 PRE with silver faceplate and is in excellent condition.  DAC will be supplied in original box with accessories, manual, etc. Will work out shipping price dependent on buyer location so as to be as fair as possible to both of us. Happy to sell to most locations assuming we can agree on price for shipping.  100% positive feedback in signature, smoke & pet free home.
Finally made the decision to sell the last of my Benchmark DACs. Unit is a Benchmark DAC1 PRE with silver faceplate and is in excellent condition.  DAC will be supplied in original box with accessories, manual, etc. Will work out shipping price dependent on buyer location so as to be as fair as possible to both of us. Happy to sell to most locations assuming we can agree on price for shipping.  100% positive feedback in signature, smoke & pet free home.