Posts by En_R

The ED5 sounds like an upgraded ED8. How all purpose that makes it is still questionable.Saying the ED5 is more balanced than the TH900 (which is not a balanced headphone) is still pushing it. The TH900 sounds more U curved while the ED5 is treble heavy. 
Sold.
Justin I sent you a PM and email regarding two BHSE shipments, both paid in full. Please give me a response.
 4 different drivers actually, the later ones (#4) are more like modified CD3000 drivers since they ran out of r10 stock. Bass has more to do with the damping foam/ foam rings inside the R10 and different states of decay- earlier ones have less bass since most of the foam is deteriorated. Once replaced all revisions have almost the same amount of bass in terms of quantity.Nothing like the TH900 bass though, which is overwhelming in both quantity and impact. 
Pretty much matches my experience with the GS-X. I still think the bass has nice impact and control, but not enough heft. Treble issues are annoying.Any reason why I can't thumbs up this post?
Taking into account his preferences the 445 and Rag would probably not make the shortlist.   @Xecuter   You can pass on the GS-X if rolled off treble/warm highs are a priority. Bass is nice and clean though.   Personally I'd go for a Stratus. It has the warm highs you are looking for and a very liquid midrange - I'd look into monoplate RCA 2a3's. The Liquid Glass can also give you what you're looking for and its probably my first choice for the Abyss/LCD-3 but not...
If you guys have any questions feel free to PM me ^ ^ As for trades, I'm interested in rare headphones and amps only. Oh and rare tubes.  
L3000 Comes with documents but no original box- custom flight case. A small amount of the black lettering has faded (check photos), but everything else is mint. Cable is in perfect condition - none of the hardening or tangling that many units develop over time. DHA3000 is near mint - it was BNIB when bought, and used for around 30 hours. Comes with original box and documents. Item is currently on loan at a friends place in China (thank him for the nice photos, otherwise...
.. I just assumed.  Well, to me the Hugo sounds flat and lacking in dynamics. Before I would say the DAC section is worth 800$ max (but I understand you are paying a premium for the portability), but now I'm not sure how much the analogue circuitry is coming into play here... since the headphone out is quite bad.
 Your head-fi feedback looks interesting.  So the RCA outs on the Hugo do not bypass the amp section?