Posts by En_R

Have the 220v units started shipping yet? A friend was asked to paid the remainder awhile back and he hasn't heard from Justin since =/.
Selling some stuff. Most of my collection has been sold in the past two days but there's a hefty chunk left. I will keep a couple of these, but I have not decided on which.   [Sennheiser] Amperior (Year of the Snake, LTD ED of 88) HD540 II HD598 (BNIB) Colorware HD800G (BNIB, LTD ED of 10) HE60+HEV70 (HE60 w/ Stax head) HE60+HEV70 (HE60 w/ Orpheus head) HE60+HEV70 (Mint set) HE90+HEV90 HE90+HEV90   [Grado] HP1000 [100% lettering, with box, and docs] HP1000 [modded by a...
Sold
Near NOS. Includes the outer paper box. Price does not include shipping or paypal fees.
 We need a thumbs down button on head-fi. It should be red (for rage). What I like about most of Purrin's reviews is that even though he sometimes delves into the more technical side of things most of what he says is easily understood, even by laymen.I'm glad you tried to sound knowledgeable even though you got the smackdown two posts later, but in the passage you quoted Purrin clearly describes what microdynamics encompasses and how the DA8 is flawed in this department....
 The ED5 sounds like an upgraded ED8. How all purpose that makes it is still questionable.Saying the ED5 is more balanced than the TH900 (which is not a balanced headphone) is still pushing it. The TH900 sounds more U curved while the ED5 is treble heavy. 
Sold.
Justin I sent you a PM and email regarding two BHSE shipments, both paid in full. Please give me a response.
 4 different drivers actually, the later ones (#4) are more like modified CD3000 drivers since they ran out of r10 stock. Bass has more to do with the damping foam/ foam rings inside the R10 and different states of decay- earlier ones have less bass since most of the foam is deteriorated. Once replaced all revisions have almost the same amount of bass in terms of quantity.Nothing like the TH900 bass though, which is overwhelming in both quantity and impact. 
Pretty much matches my experience with the GS-X. I still think the bass has nice impact and control, but not enough heft. Treble issues are annoying.Any reason why I can't thumbs up this post?