Posts by jamescodway

I would respectively add people who regularly attend live music performance, play an instrument etc. i.e. 'real world' sounds, notwithstanding the effect of sound re-enforcement where applicable.
  Hello, it sounds like that has been pretty frustrating  . I know the feeling but it hasn't applied with my HD800s at all. I guess we all hear differently. Best. James.
I can vouch for your source and amp with a copper-cabled HD25, especially with a nice short high quality LOD/cable.In fact that will even do a decent basic job with HD800... Lol!If you go for the DT1350, I'd be interested in your thoughts. :-)
I would agree with that. I find them more sensitive than most to any part of the chain.For the money they are amazing value. If isolation was closer to HD25 levels they would make the best all-rounder with the right portable amp :-). I would recommend them for many but not all uses.
I have limited experience of the competition but I'd agree with these comments. With a basic USB cable upgrade and something like Audirvana pro it brings the best out of all my cans.James
  What experiences can anyone report on using a copper cable with the Amperior e.g. HD600/650/250/25sp cable. I use HD250 cable on my HD25-1s (prefer sound to HD650 cable or stock steel).   Best   James
  Please be kind enough post your impressions once you've had some time with them.   Your sig shows some high class cans/amps.   I don't find the HD25s to be V-shaped but then I'm looking for a more mid-centric upgrade for detail (e.g. DT1350)... lol!   Best   James
I have only heard one amp that does my Grados justice ( the same goes for my 70ohm DT770s). Until then I did not know what they were capable of. As that amp was not mine and is no longer available, my 4 year search continues...I would be very pleasantly surprised if the *right* amp didn't make a meaningful improvement to the Momentum as a solid mid-fi can. I confess I have yet to hear them for more than 5 mins in the apple store where they sounded lame. Don't the apple...
Efficiency is not the only attribute to determine potential amp benefit... Impedance variations across the frequency response would be another.For example I find the dynamic IEM Senn IE80 delivers improved performance in most key areas with my Graham Slee solo UL.BestJames
---I'd be interested in your comparison (I own both HD25 and SRH840).BestJames