Posts by TheOneInYellow

Hmm... I say: 23.4 kg, 72.5 kg, 196 kg. ^^
I'm still a lurker, and have a lot on my mind, but I have really good friends who take care and help me through stuff. One such friend advised me of the poll.   So, I too have voted. My ID? TheOneInYellow.   Even though I don't think almost anything will replace my wonderful CEntrance HiFi-M8, I value competitors too, as this drives for better products, and affordability, too all. We are now, at this moment, living in a golden Renaissance era of headphone audio, so...
Hey guys, I am sorry for the lack of anything new; I have a crazy few weeks of home/work issues, and a small bout of depression over a particular something...   Anyway, I have quite a bit to write, but I need to brush up my notes before final posting.   I've pretty much mad my mind up, so a review will occur a lot faster than expected, but I will first post my original analysis and previews before the main review.   For now, here are quick, rough, not well taken pics...
Going through the thread, I have realised that an important point has been missed.   Though many would like this to be an all-singing/all dancing device, this is not supposed to be sen in the same vein as the mega portable DAC/amps such as CEntrance HiFi-M8, CypherLabs Theorem 720, or Chord Hugo.   Remember the name of the product? micro iDSD? As in 'micro'?   This device will be small, portable and transportable, so let's focus on reasonable features that utilise...
I'm on my way to work at the moment, but here are the pics of all three iFi devices still in shrink-wrap. After work I'll take pics on how I installed the iFi Gemini and iFi iUSBPower to my Lenovo G510 4th Gen laptop. The first part of my analysis will be these two devices. The iFi DAC will be tested against my CEntrance HiFi-M8 on the weekend (if all my social, work, etc go well). My reviews, however, will be weeks ahead, so this will be me just talking generally.
Got most of the new gear: - iFi DAC, - iFi USB Power, - iFi Gemini USB cable. The iFi Purifier will be acquired at a later date. I'll take pics soon... Vincent Luke is am amazing guy, and even dropped me off home!
Hi guys, Just a head's up, Vincent from AMR/iFi is gonna visit me today and allow me to check out, and review, some choice iFi gear. This post is to say that I will review what I can, and to rub it in all your faces. I'll be updating this thread as time goes on, with pics of course. I've never done this before, but to meet my ambitions within the audio community I gotta start somewhere. So, watch this space. Your welcome.
Parts of this post are a (slightly edited and expanded) re-post I sent to someone within the iFi network, but here are my thoughts:   This is quite cool for what it is. If I needed just a decent desktop set-up this would a fine choice, but I went for the mighty CEntrance HiFi-8 for a very powerful desktop/portable DAC/amp device.   Looking at some of the suggestions already, I concur with many of them, but here are my suggestions of really good implementations, if...
As soon as I woke up and saw the announcement of the CEntrance MixerFace a few days ago, I did a quick read, watched the video, and became the first backer. Seriously I can't wait, and at that hot-of-the-press price it's a STEAL!
@Evshrug I agree with you, and I know of two such devices for HDMI audio. One of them is Essence HDACC, but it can only decode HDMI uncompressed stereo only. Here's a link from Digital Audio Review: http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2013/11/essence-hi-def-dac-w-hdmi-input-for-699/ Microsoft kinda did state that they would re-implememt Dolby D or some sort of alternative for legacy TOSLINK devices, but I would like to see a HDMI receiver that can process uncompressed HDMI...