Posts by drubrew

I would say the TT is 15 to 20% better sound wise. The beauty of the TT is ergonomics for desktop or home rig setup. I would only upgrade if I was using in those 2 positions. But if you are doing mostly portable the Hugo makes sense. I know one guy that is going to get a TT and mount it on his Motorcycle :) I have a TT on my desk in front of me as I type. I cant imagine it being replaced anytime soon. Just delicious.....Absolutely love it.
Hmmm. I guess I paid for it or maybe they decided to charge for it. Cant remember now it has been a while.
There is only one version.
Some of this is off topic but thought I would also cover some info on Android with the Hugo as well as we get asked all the time. But first, Apples OS wont let you output HD resolution files to the Hugo with out the help of an app like Onkyo's app and Flac Player. This can be good and bad. Once you use these apps, if you are married to iTunes, you will need to find another program to sync your music. As iTunes will not sync to these apps.  As far as iMac using a program...
First, the Hugo does not have an Apple authenticity chip in it, therefore you cannot connect it directly to an Apple iDevice product.You can connect the Hugo:1)via Bluetooth 2) by purchasing an Apple Camera Connection Kit (for use with iTouch, iPhone, iPad only) and adding a USB A to Micro B cableTo be honest, Bluetooth connections with the Hugo at this point are not ideal. To further explain this, while the Hugo uses the latest in AptX technology, sadly Apple is not using...
It will be a close to to the JH however instead of the Braided Tinsel wire it will be a solid jacket style cable. So the conductors wont untwisted.
4th version Without Pod is for the Pro market, particularly bands. They don't like the pod as it get in the way with their Wireless pack/cable routing. JH puts the full crossover in the IEMs for Bands.   Black Dragon will be a 16% silver over copper 8 conductor cable. Silver Dragon will be a UPOCC silver 8 conductor cable. Cant give feedback yet on sound as we are still tooling up all the plastic injection molds for all the connectors and pods etc. 
They will be fixed resistors in the 3.5mm or 2.5mm molded connector. There will be no pod.
No only Bass. The way the Roxanne/Layla/Angie are configured is that the crossover work for the mids and highs are taken care of in the IEM. The Attenuation Pod takes care of the Low End. Thus we cant manipulate the mids and highs without removing the crossover components from the internals of the IEM. Well that cant be done. So only bass manipulation can be done.
What I mean by resistors is no Attenuation Pod but fixed resistors in the connector to tune the sound based on the frequency curves similar to the JH13 or JH16. We will use higher grade resistors that sound better than an Attenuation Pods. For those who want a purity approach. JH removes these resistor values form the crossover in the IEM in place of the Attenuation Pod. We would add them back in but in the cable. Does that make sense? We wont be doing adjustments on all...