or Connect

Posts by Q Mass

In future models might there be room 'behind' the threaded portion to turn a shallow groove for an o-ring? Or would the wall thickness of the tube be too thin to allow this?
I'd love to see an example of how text will look when engraved on the Explorer. I'm still thinking that blank is what I'm going for, but I could maybe be persuaded by a good example of what the engraving will look like. There's plenty of engravers who have lazers where I live, so there's always the possibility of getting them to do something pictorial (and they'll be used to the flask shape too!). I'm going to enquire re' getting the E.B. logo down the edge too. Is...
It's all about getting the right dress:
While I love that folk can choose to have something important to them engraved on their Explorers, I personally love the unadorned wood, so I have forgone the engraving.I asked if the logo can be wrapped around the edge of the case instead of down the centre.I just think it would look cool, and provide some extra grip on the edges, where it would be most valuable.I also think that uninterrupted wood grain would look good down the middle of the Explorer. I don't expect...
Thanks G They're dirt cheap on e-bay, so I'll get one to try when my Explorer arrives.
 That's cool, proper audio performance while streaming will only be a nice bonus for me though, as I intend to use the TIDAL and Spotify download functions to avoid the use of the wi-fi while listening to extend battery life as much as possible (and traveling out of wi-fi range). Ir would be cool to browse for new stuff without compromising SQ or interrupting playback though.Is that what;s been happening with the X7?, haven't been following that thread.  Someone in the...
I got my TIDAL code! Thanks George and team.   Now I just need to work out how to transfer the contents of my Spotify playlists to TIDAL! I know TIDAL have an affiliated transfer service that they recommend, but it hasn't been working for me. I'll try again.   I didn't know that TIDAL pays artists so much more than Spotify, that's gratifying and since the quality is a step up too I'm keen to make the most of the service. I'll keep Spotify going too for a few months...
WOW, your comments earlier REALLY surprised and puzzled me Beyakusenn, as my impression of George has always been diametrically opposed to the opinion you posted. I'm glad you apologised, it's never easy to do so , but it definitely helps preserve a good atmosphere. BTW, I can't offer detailed impressions of the Explorer as I've only heard it at Canjam, which is obviously time limited (and noisy), but what I heard impressed me. I listened via Echobox's own Senn' HD...
Echobox have reached the first stretch goal on the indiegogo campaign(200% funded!) which is that all backers of the Explorer DAP will now be getting a cool wooden dock to sit the DAP in! The price I've backed at is under £170! The RRP is $500 or thereabouts if I remember correctly, which I consider very good value (I liked the sound of the Explorer very much when I heard it) but $500 will likely translate to £500 for retail purchasers in the UK. Still easily worth it...
I've already entered elsewhere on the thread, but would like to add the Oppo PM3 to my suggestions for a drop!