Posts by btrancho

Thanks for the update, Doc.  I'm looking forward to receiving mine.
It will be another couple of weeks before the new kits start shipping so there really isn't much to say at this point.  Once the kits go out and folks start assembling them you should start to hear more.
At this price I'm tempted to jump on this in spite of the no spare parts issue.  Maybe they are clearing out in preparation for the L2.
Fidelio L1 on Amazon $119.99   http://www.amazon.com/Philips-L1-28-Over-Ear-Headphones/dp/B006RUIWC0/
Doc has been very specific that this project is NOT to compete with the likes of the HD600 and DT880, but to provide an inexpensive closed back alternative that is carefully tailored to run off the Crack.  He specifically says "Not saying it will stomp HD600s, but so far I'm pretty happy with our experiments and one nice advantage is the design has a closed back."   Once they start shipping and some users have put their's together we should hear what they think.
Realize that this is his OTHER apartment in the same building - just for writing. He lives on another floor and commutes via elevator. He also owns vacation homes in France and England.  That space can afford to be uncluttered.  It gives him plenty of room for his $10,000+ Apex Pinnacle.   I'd really love an Eames chair dedicated for HF listening, though.
Today's NY Times has a real estate feature on one of Lee Childs' (the author of the very popular Reacher series of action novels and recent film starring Tom Cruise) NYC apartments.  It's his work pad and gets the typical NYT treatment.   Of more interest are slides 5 & 7 of the slide show where you can see the Childs is a HF junkie - 3 headphone stands, a pair of HD800s with custom cable hanging from the equipment table, a Leben amp and a "custom" Apex...
+1
+1 on the refurbs. I was lucky to pick one up and you'd never know it wasn't brand new. Great deal. Snap it up.
I recently sent a set of DT880s (that I sold after buying my Mad Dogs) to a buyer in Kansas.  I dropped the USPS Priority box at my Brooklyn P.O. at 9am on a Monday morning.  By the next day it had departed NY.  The nothing until Wednesday when it arrived in...Portland, Oregon!!  There it sat for 36 hours until it was reported as departing on Friday.  On Saturday it arrived... in Oakland, California!?!?!  They turned it around the same day and it finally was delivered...