Posts by tk3

Any help would be really appreciated.
Let me know the details, thanks.   Not looking for any fancy cables.   I live in Europe, The Netherlands
Hi,   I've had these Livewires going on a good seven years now and the cable finally died after heavy usage. Looking around online a bit, it seems the company who made them has split in two, and I can't find favourable impressions about either side. Not going to judge them, whatever issues they may have now, at the time they came through for me and this has been the single best value audio item I have ever bought.   So I was wondering if anyone knew where I can get a...
They look comfortable.   Are these custom made for the ADs? They kinda look like the Denon earpads.
Sounds good, still got that DHA3000?   I always wanted to get one of those since they aren't that expensive relatively, but they are pretty heavy so shipping from Japan would add a good chunk to that. But if someone could find one close to them it could be a relatively cheap solution.
I actually really like the L3000s for vocals, both male and female. They just have something that no other phone I've tried can replicate. A kind of in-your-face sound like Grados but without being screechy like some of those are. I think another one of their fortes is their imaging: their soundstage isn't that big but the way the sound moves around can really easily be tracked. Actually, I think that people who like the Grado sound but are looking for something better,...
It's not a neutral phone. The L3000 and W3000 happen to be the two headphones I have in rotation, with the former getting most of my head time.   Both are good but the L3000 has a much more physical and tangible effect to the sound while the W3000 sounds more refined and "ethereal". I mostly listen to pop/rock/vocal music and I like electric guitars, for this kind of music I think the L3000 is almost unbeatable. To describe it simply, the L3000 is like a straightforward...
It's probably busted. Does it happen to be one of those My Passport//My Book drives? Some of those had some proprietary X to USB connector on the inside that are prone to self-destruction without any outside help. I know, because I used to have one that self-destructed and after Googling for awhile I found out it was a common and known issue. Because of that connector you can't even take it out of the encasing and connect it through SATA to your PC, and the QC on them was...
Probably so, there was a matching microphone with similar lacquer work as well. The "normal" W3000ANVs don't have this so I doubt you'll be able to get your hands on that one.
 Possibly, I just remember the guy I'm thinking of had to ship out often or something like that, but he had an amazing amount of high-end headphones.  Wow, that's some dedication. :)Have you ever tried to get one of the green ones?