or Connect

Posts by project86

Good question. I've mainly been listening to the Capricorn on its own to get a feel for it. Next comes comparisons with other IEMs and CIEMs. Also need to use a bunch more sources/amps to see if I can find any standout matches or particularly poor combos. 
  Could be... you probably know how hard it can be to look inside such a densely packed snaggle of drivers, inside a smoked translucent shell, and get a clear view of the markings/size/general features of the drivers. I can think of a few alternate ways of arriving at the 2-4-2-2 configuration but in the end I don't really care all that much - it's the tuning more than anything that determines the sound, and in this case it's a huge success. 
  It actually does let you switch to LMS mode which handles Roon. Very well I might add. 
                                                                            You'd never guess how many IEMs make their way through my home each year. Various manufacturers and marketing types regularly ask me to have a listen and I usually say "sure.... but I can't promise anything will come of it". And that's typically how it plays out - the vast majority of them don't get more than a quick listen before being sent back with a polite "thanks anyway".    Poor sound...
I have only minimal experience with the Lumin stuff. It seems good if not the best, and personally I like Aurender more in general. But that's based on somewhat limited exposure to both brands considering how many models they both have in their lineups.   I do have the little SOtM sMS-200 running in my system now. Killer way of adding Roon capability without spending a fortune. It sounds far better than I expected for the price too. Easily as good as the more expensive...
My review is extremely positive - it's the most fun I've had with a piece of gear in quite some time. Tube rolling is the name of the game with this amp.   I can't speak for other review sites but Part Time Audiophile is in the midst of finishing up show coverage, which really slows down the regular review postings. It's not an ideal situation but the editor does it Part Time (hence the name) and can't always get everything up as quickly as we might like.   But...
 Not sure... it's in the queue but I don't know the specifics. Feel free to go HERE and shoot the editor a request. Demand to Cayin article go live ASAP! Or however you want to word it. Let him know the interest is there and perhaps it will bump the other stuff in line ahead of it (if there even is anything ahead of it, I don't really know). If several people do this it couldn't hurt though...
  Great, hope it works out well for you. Olasonic makes nice looking stuff, always wanted to try it. There's a matching DAC with headphone out, and also an integrated DAC with speaker amp for desktop monitors. Pretty neat stuff that hasn't had much exposure that I've noticed. I came close to buying the CD1 a number of times but never quite pulled the trigger. Enjoy, and please post pics of your stack when you can!
For small CD players, check out this thread. Some of them are transport only but many are also full CD players. You might skip the initial few pages as those older models are hard to find now. 
Invicta and Mirus are essentially the same thing but Invicta has the headphone section, while Mirus dedicates all its horsepower to the line out. Both have dual ES9018 chips (or ES9028 chips on the Pro versions). And each of those is an 8-channel chip. In other words, it has 8 "DACs" per physical chip, much like a modern Intel CPU can have 2 or 4 cores on a single chip. The result is Mirus having 8 DACs per channel, while the Invicta uses 4 per channel on the line out plus...