Posts by project86

I must have missed your initial post about hiss - you definitely should not have any using the 600 ohm T1. Glad to hear the dealer is taking care of you, as they should. 
Wow, that's a very good deal on what I'm sure is a killer headphone amp! The original Lake People G109 was my top choice in the ~$600-700 range, so this deal on the balanced RS 08 is very nice.
  I see your point, but I think it helps to look at this as sort of like a Black Friday in-store only deal..... you might camp out all night and still not get your $200 50" 4k LED. They only have so many of them, and so much room, and demand is through the roof. I don't recall people vowing never to return to Best Buy after striking out on BF. Yes, this is internet and they should have been prepared etc, but in reality it's pretty hard to know how these things go down...
 Let's take this line by line. 1) Not sure I understand the question completely but I think thus far Euphony has the best sound, followed by Roon which is still very VERY good. The difference is one of those "critical listening on a quiet night, with my best recordings, using my best gear" type of things. Roon is more than suitable for me in most cases. I don't use HQPlayer so I haven't tested that mode and probably won't. I don't think you quite "get" Roon yet though....
  And now you've got one up for sale again? Plans keep changing?
 Wow, has it been that long already? These last few years have just flown by.  I didn't care for the Aries Mini all that much. Loved the concept but the execution just fell flat to me in terms of SQ for pricing. That's in context of a pretty high end system though, I'm sure it does the job fine for a lot of uses. I haven't had all that much experience with the original Aries. In fact I've only ever heard it in unfamiliar systems. So it's tough to make a definitive...
  Glad to hear I'm not the only one.... It sounds so easy, just listen and report what you hear. But it's not!
So I'm back to the included Large tips again, after wandering all over my collection with many other types. I've decided the included Large gives me the most balanced sound, and the deepest bass rumble (not the most prominent bass, but perhaps the most convincing). This thing is up there with the best when it comes to really exceptional low-end response from a BA design. Very impressive stuff.    I'm using the Capricorn with the Questyle QP1R, and it sounds phenomenal....
 Still waiting on specifics from Matrix. Let's say this for reference, using the last few high-end devices I've had in my system. My Aurender X100L goes for $3500 in the 6TB configuration. The B.M.C. PureMedia goes for north of $5K with 2TB on board. The SOtM sMS-1000SQ with the matching power supply goes for around $4K with no internal storage. The Lumin A1 is $7200 with no internal storage.   This Matrix X-Server should be substantially more affordable than any of those....
 Thanks, I am excited to have the final pricing and specs available. I think a lot of people will be impressed with this thing.  It's a media server/streamer with a built-in DAC. Or use it as a transport with your own external DAC if you want.