or Connect

Posts by project86

I totally agree with that assessment of the Taurus. It's a beautiful piece of equipment but these days there are plenty of good alternatives to consider.   I suspect the V280 would be a good choice for a similarly priced, similarly powerful amp that gives a somewhat less bright signature. 
Very nice looking!   I just got my Zeus back (now updated to Zeus R) and they look identical as far as I can tell. Which is a good thing in my book. Haven't had time to do much listening yet..... can't wait.
I liked but didn't love the iFi Micro. Certainly wouldn't put it in the same class as the regular Concero much less Concero HD. That's just me though, I know some people go crazy for the iFi gear so clearly there's something appealing there.   I do have to point out the difference in marketing between Resonessence and iFi.... couldn't be further apart from one another. iFi spends a lot of time telling you how good their gear is, making a very compelling case for it to...
For the DAC option, I'd say it is worth it as a sort of backup. For example, if you are looking for a new expensive DAC in the future but aren't sure what you'll want, you can use the integrated DAC in between demo units. It's not a terrible DAC by any means and if sold alone I think it would be competitive for $300-400 or so. Maybe not top of the heap in that price range, but not lagging too far behind either. It's neutral and inoffensive which is more than I can say for...
 Yep, that's the one, from Grant Fidelity (but really from Yulong). It's a great little unit but obviously built to a price and not intended to compete with something like the iDAC-6. Plus it's getting a bit long in the tooth now (USB tops out at 24/96 for example). 
  I can't speak for others but to me this seems perfectly fair. I've borrowed gear from friends on HeadFi and have loaned out gear plenty of times. In those cases, whoever is the recipient of the gear traditionally foots the bill for shipping. It just makes sense. An audition for something small like an IEM is obviously cheaper but still, $30 is not much to borrow $2k worth of nice equipment.   Not exactly the same, but vaguely similar behavior. The SS out, to my ears....
 That is a good question, which I hope has a good answer soon.
 Sorry, it's been so long that I don't remember any specifics on it. 
  Yes, but it's been many years. I remember enjoying it, very "tubey" with all the ups and downs that entails. The new version seems like a significant improvement though I'm sure the original can be fun with the right tubes.
 It can. Only 2 inputs, 1 output, and no remote.... so it may be better suited for a desktop system than a full size rig.