Posts by project86

We have something in common then! Seriously, that's a good approach. If you don't like the Concero HP then you don't like it - period. Nothing wrong with that. Whenever I dislike something that otherwise measures well or supposedly sounds nice according to a friend, I usually put it aside for a bit, then come back later for a second chance. Sometimes it works out well, other times it doesn't. For example, I continued to hate the Musical Fidelity M1 DAC despite my many...
You like what you like - no argument there, and no talking you out of it if that's how you feel.    That said, O2/ODAC evangelists usually follow this logic: The Objective gear measures better than this other stuff, so it must sound better. If the other gear actually measures better, well, then that's beyond the scope of human comprehension anyway. So it's a waste of money. It's a nice, tight logic that doesn't allow for anything else to make sense. Just buy an O2/ODAC,...
HD800, HD800, and HD800 - in that order. Seriously though, aside from HD800 I really enjoy it with LCD-2 and Thunderpants. And others too, but those are probably my top 3.
He used to be VP of Halcro, so he definitely knows the high end scene. I believe he's been around for a long time, not sure what he's been doing lately though. I'll try to find out more and post here if I do.
I don't see why not - go for it if you've got the info.
I believe that is something that is being worked on right now - the new distributor for North America was at T.H.E. Show but should now be home trying get things set up. 
Tolstoy? Now we're talking!
How about D200 plus A28 as a balanced rig? Cost is similar to the DA8, but unless you add an external amp to the DA8, I think the combo wins for most things (transparency, drive, etc). I have a Fazor LCD-3 coming so I will see how it does on the A28.
Three legs is or was somewhat common as an alternative to the usual four corners. Something about a triangle being more solid and rigid than a square.... I've seen it on some pretty esoteric gear in the past, though I'm not sure which companies still favor it.
Mine were falling apart (cable issues) so I had them remolded with The Wizard from Noble Audio (back when he was starting out, he did remolds - not any longer). I still enjoy them, even more so now that they don't have that goofy cable.