Posts by project86

There seems to be a nice review posted at InnerFidelity today. Something about a Noble product or two. Check it out if you have a moment.....
Orastream is a bit strange compared to Spotify or Rdio or others. But a subscription to their Classical HD service is very affordable and has lots of excellent music, including some in 24/96 or higher resolution. Their Dance HD service is not as good imho but still worthwhile if you like that style.
Hey, good for you - the Antipodes was not a good match, doesn't discount other models from potentially being perfect for your needs. I know I really enjoy several of the devices I've tried, but certainly not all of them.    And yes, I do think it's smart to buy from companies with a similar philosophy to your own. If you are a rabid cable fan, it's kind of insulting to buy from someone like Anedio who basically says "cables don't matter". And likewise for the other way...
  It sure seems CD quality to me. I don't have Qobuz here but OraStream (premium, with subscription) should be equally lossless. I don't notice any issues even when using a highly resolving Stax rig.  The iPad accepts the stream and forwards it to the X100L over WiFi - in theory it's the same bits, just taking a slightly less direct path and being transcoded to Apple Lossless as part of the AirPlay protocol. I suppose if you think FLAC and WAV and Apple Lossless all sound...
Some people take it much farther and would say the Vega is absurd, since a cheap ODAC is "equally transparent". I don't make this stuff up.
If by high res streaming you mean CD quality lossless streaming, then one approach is airplay. The Aurender for example can handle airplay now, and I use it often for OraStream Classical which has plenty of great lossless albums. You are more likely to find airplay on a streaming device than specific support for Tidal, Qobuz, etc, though I imagine more support for those will eventually pop up.
Ooooh, nice K10s! Where is that?    I also spot the new Aurender V1000 in there, which was briefly renamed the Aurender WAVE - until they realized Bose has a trademark on that term as it pertains to audio gear. I believe they settled on Aurender FLOW at this point. Anyway, I bet that combo sounds exceptional, and I'll be finding out soon enough. 
Thanks! It's definitely good for us consumers to have such a wide selection of very nice models to choose from. Believe it or not, I've heard some people grumble about the number of brands making nice gear. What?!?!?! More good options drives competition and ensures there will always be something out there with the specific features you want. No downside there as far as I can see. 
I have an HE-6 here and the V281 does a brilliant job with it. Possibly better than the Taurus which is very high praise indeed. Taurus extracts a little more detail while V281 (balanced mode of course) is more engaging and musical. Neither of them seem strained or lacking power at all. I also have CMA800R and a single one of them is not in the same league when it comes to HE-6 performance. Two of them in dual mono mode becomes more competitive but even then I think V281...
I'd say go for one of the many USB to SPDIF converters on the market. The Matrix X model has a very good reputation, as do many others.