Posts by project86

To clarify, is this a version that will also run on 802, or are you just saying this same thing will soon make its way to the 802?
  Looks can be deceiving though. It's all about precision implementation rather than a brute force approach. Your theory runs contrary to what people in this thread have pretty much universally experienced. But, of course, there could always be counter-examples. So it certainly doesn't hurt to try. For one thing, how are we to judge quality of USB outputs between several laptops? We could judge by overall price of each device but that's not necessarily any indication of a...
  Any more info on this? Like a timeline perhaps? This is the first I've heard of it. 
Not sure who that question was directed at, but if it was to me - I have only heard LCD-X once in someone else's system So no impressions from me, unfortunately. 
It also has to do with your physiology. Some faces are just more "animated" than others. For me personally, I always lose seal when yawning or otherwise opening my jaw wide. Always have, always will.   The first few times I tried custom IEMs (way back in the day) I assumed the impressions were not good enough. These things should never break seal, right? But my audiologist told me no, that's not universally true. In my particular case, my jaw movement causes large...
Guido - nice!!! And those nOrh speakers look good as well. Do I see matching nOrh monoblocks?
 No idea. I will say this thing sounds phenomenal with the level 1 volume. Could it do better still with the upgrade? Speculation at this point. I'd like to hope it does give some improvement but is it worth the cost? Dunno. Personally I'd rather have it now but that's just me.   Check out the Violectric USA website and you can play with configuration options/see prices. The stepped pot is an in-house creation and is not yet available right this second. 
Agreed, lots of good stuff in that range, and soon to be more. Sorry for the derail, back to BMC stuff!
 Sorry, I'm confused. Are you asking which headphones you should try next? Honestly the Audeze and HD800 sounds are completely different, so it's up to you which type you might prefer. Audeze is more thick and rich, while HD800 is analytical, and either thin/bright or perfectly neutral depending on your outlook.   Taurus drives most anything pretty well. Don't go strictly by the power ratings either, because a lot of people prefer balanced mode with low impedance planars,...
  I just snagged a few recent examples that were vaguely in the same class as the DirectStream. Not trying to bash PS Audio, just using it as a case study in how marketing and expectations can differ from real-world results.  I agree that measurements don't tell the whole story - however, when Ted Smith of PS Audio goes on and on about jitter (page 1 of that review, about half way down) and the measurements show issues with that very thing.... I'm trying to tie this in to...