Posts by project86

The XLR and 1/4" output jacks each have their own sound. Neither is necessarily "better", they are just different. You'll probably find that you like the XLR jack better with some other headphones. It's fun to try both and see how each does with a particular headphone.   Sound with the volume all the way down - this is probably a function of the higher gain in balanced mode. As long as it is not very loud, this should not be a problem. It happens with some of my amps as...
The noise is probably the spare fuse. They put it in the little pull out compartment next to the power plug receptacle. You wouldn't be the first person to go chasing a loose component, due to that noise! But really it's not a problem. I'm not familiar with the X3 to know what sort of jack it has. The instructions should say though.
  You could use any stock cable from a computer or other audio component. Or buy an affordable aftermarket cable like this one. Basically get the plug that works in your region (I assume USA?). You don't need a massive thick gauge cable, as these things don't draw a ton of power. 
 This, unfortunately, is common. It's an SACD thing, not an Oppo or Yulong issue. From the Oppo website: "The SACD license prohibits digital output from "unprotected" digital interfaces. The digital optical and coaxial (S/PDIF) interfaces are considered "unprotected" by the license because no data encryption is used. For this reason all SACD players on the market, including the BDP-103, do not allow digital output for SACD over optical and coaxial. You will need to use...
 This mirrors my experience exactly. 
 This. Max output is different for each amp based on topology. Take a look at the SPL Phonitor or Auditor - they do max current into 600 ohm loads, while low impedance headphones only see a fraction of that. This is a good lesson as to why headphone enthusiasts should have a bit of technical understanding... You might have a HiFiMAN HE-6 and look at the SPL amps and say "max output 1700mW, that should be enough" without realizing that the HE-6 will only see ~1/3 of...
 Good question - very relevant. I already had a request in with some technical questions, this being one of them. 
  Seems reasonable to me!
For what it's worth - I use a balanced cable from Toxic Cables for my HE-500 and HE-6. Really nice stuff. 
You would use RCA cables to connect the Concero HD to the V200, which has both XLR and RCA analog inputs. Just like you do now with the burson. I think more people use XLR just because it's there, but personally I don't find there to be much difference between the XLR and RCA inputs. Some DACs have both types of outputs and sound different depending on which one is used, and I suspect that is often the reason why people think v200 has a difference between inputs. For...