Posts by project86

Yes, glitter is extremely difficult to photograph. My Noble K10 has a really nice "universe" glitter swirl but in photos all it looks like is a bunch of random specs of junk. 
I had the volume issue as well with some phone I tried (I forget the particular model). I also once had a similar problem with a Linux based music streamer when using the Concero HP. Seems like a similar deal - the system can "see" the device and send audio in that direction, but it's almost like a driver issue where volume adjustments aren't properly communicating to the device.    Not sure there's anything we could do about it. Android's digital audio support (or lack...
In case you haven't seen it, my review of the Questyle CAS192D is up. I know some people were waiting for that, so HERE it is. 
There's a special locked discussion thread that you can't access? Weird.    I can't imaging more power making much of a difference. Even for HE-6, you've got plenty to do the job with Taurus. Now, there may indeed be a difference in terms of capability or sound signature, but I doubt it has to do with one having more or less power than the other. 
  I'd agree with this in general. I think the different is pretty clear - Body, involvement, slight warmth, more organic, etc for the DA8 versus more neutral, straight forward and detail oriented, and a more intimate soundstage for the D200. Which one will work best is dependent upon the system and the listener's preferences. Switching gears..... I finally got around to trying the D200 with IEMs today and it actually works very well. Which is great news! It's...
  Not usually. Depends on the gear being used, but I tend to find the X-Sabre has a more exciting, lively top end, while the DA8 is smoother and more organic sounding. But with certain amps/headphones they may act differently. 
  Yeah unfortunately when my Hugo review loaner arrived I was just sending back the PureDAC, so I wasn't able to do any real comparisons. 
  I'm in the Bay Area CA and I dealt with Brian at Aaudio, as suggested by BMC. He was extremely helpful. Not sure if there is anyone closer. 
  They just arrived the other day and I've got a bunch of other stuff in the works prior.... so unfortunately it will be a while. Initial impressions? Surprisingly great, actually. Reminds me of my UM Merlin (which is a prototype, that I find superior to the later, more bass heavy tuning). This is with the bass knob turned to a medium setting. It's got a certain "crispness" reminiscent of the JH13 FreqPhase, but at the same time is less forward sounding. I'll have to get...
I haven't posted much in this thread lately, so I figure I'm due. Here's a few pics of my latest customs.       Lear LCM-BD4.2 - quad balanced armature plus dual dynamic, vented shell, with adjustable bass tuning, titanium faceplate:                   Noble Kaiser 10 - 10 drivers per side, with a fairly understated (but looks better in real life) sparkle design which I call "Cosmic Swirl":             Noble 5C with Switch option - 5 driver design,...