Posts by project86

Seems reasonable. I might have to check out the HA-200 combo one of these days. It's not the same technology as Questyle uses (as far as their proprietary current mode architecture) but it does have the same concept for dual mono, fully balanced operation. Armaegis has the HA-200 and really likes them and I trust his opinion so I'm intrigued. 
 Yep, I was expecting it to be maybe $2500 or so. If it gives us 80% of the performance from CMA800R plus 80% of the CAS192D, that's a damn good deal. 
I've never understood the appeal of unboxing pics. I mean, it's fun for me to open some new gear when it comes in the mail. But why would I want to see you go through that process? It's a bit like staring at pictures of delicious food and knowing I'll never taste it. Weird. I guess I'm in the minority on that because unboxing (and food) pics are rampant these days.   In other news, Tyll and Brannon said my name on that video. I'm famous!
Thanks for that - never had issues but I will update nonetheless. 
  Yep, TH900 sounds killer with the Taurus. Extremely well controlled and rock solid bass. The TH900 doesn't really demand high power like a planar magnetic headphone but rather it needs quality - Taurus has both so there's no issues there. The TH900 I had was single ended only so that's all I got to use, but it was very enjoyable. That said, it makes sense to get it switched to balanced termination (simply a matter of swapping out the plug) so you could try balanced out,...
  Both are really nice. Anedio is more neutral, "reference" sounding, very detailed and well defined. X-Sabre is more of a "listener's" DAC, slightly more colored in a pleasing way, and of course has the DSD option if you might use it. 
  Jeez this thread moves fast (not as fast as the Hugo thread though.... can't keep up with that one at all). To sort of answer this question - I have the Noble 5C and the 4C, so it's not exactly the same as the universal models. But should be in the ballpark. The 5 has significantly bigger bass. As in, pants-flapping, skull-crushing impact and subterranean depth. It's definitely a warm, lush, feel-good type of sound. Hyper-accurate and uptight? Nope. More of a...
 We have something in common then! Seriously, that's a good approach. If you don't like the Concero HP then you don't like it - period. Nothing wrong with that. Whenever I dislike something that otherwise measures well or supposedly sounds nice according to a friend, I usually put it aside for a bit, then come back later for a second chance. Sometimes it works out well, other times it doesn't. For example, I continued to hate the Musical Fidelity M1 DAC despite my many...
You like what you like - no argument there, and no talking you out of it if that's how you feel.    That said, O2/ODAC evangelists usually follow this logic: The Objective gear measures better than this other stuff, so it must sound better. If the other gear actually measures better, well, then that's beyond the scope of human comprehension anyway. So it's a waste of money. It's a nice, tight logic that doesn't allow for anything else to make sense. Just buy an O2/ODAC,...
HD800, HD800, and HD800 - in that order. Seriously though, aside from HD800 I really enjoy it with LCD-2 and Thunderpants. And others too, but those are probably my top 3.