Posts by project86

Not for the moment. The only thing would be if you eventually plan to recable your headphones (or buy some new ones with a balanced cabled). Then you'd be ready to go with the V281 balanced output. If you don't think that will likely be the case any time soon, then V220 seems like a reasonable choice.
I'm on -6 and it works well for most stuff. HE-6 needs full volume and even then it's not quite loud enough, but most other headphones are good with -6. Background is nice and quiet for CIEMs. I suppose it depends on your DAC though. Something with a low output voltage wouldn't do as well, so a higher pre gain setting would be called for. Nice to have all these options available though!
 1) It just has to be on the same network. Most people usually have wifi, and use it for their tablet. So that's already in place. Now it's just a matter of feeding the X100L with an Ethernet cable - which is a necessary component, as the X100L doesn't have built-in wifi.  If you can't run a cable direct from your router, then you still have some options. You can use a PowerLine adapter which carries the signal over your home electrical wiring. You can use a MoCa bridge...
Cranking to full volume on both in monoblock mode seems to be the intent of the design, so it should be fine. That's how I use mine and it's been great. You just need to use a high quality DAC or preamp in the chain that won't detract from the transparency of these amps. 
  Yep. That's the official North American distributor (and a nice guy too). 
It's more of a subtle difference, not massive.... but as you know, the HD800 is adept at making small difference stand out once you really get to listening. But I wouldn't call it a radical difference.   Your corrections on Fried's comments make more sense. I don't think he really likes describing the sound of his own equipment in the public forum, so he is very careful about it. Combined with MOT restrictions and the slight language barrier, I can see why it might...
I generally agree with your sentiments on the Lear BD4.2 thus far. It's a bit of a tricky CIEM because it's very transparent, so I initially thought it was more analytical.... which turned out to be the DAC/amp I was using, not the BD4.2 itself. The Lear can be warm and smoother, or brighter, or whatever, depending on the associated gear.   UM PP6 is a good comparison to make since they do kinda go for the same thing. Will be interesting to see if Lear can achieve what...
Sorry, I have not tried the Aries yet. 
Esoteric D-1 Grandioso.           This is their answer to the dCS Vivaldi stack - a pair of D-1 monoblock DACs, plut the P-1 transport and external power supply. I see a definite Cylon inspiration there....
I have no inside knowledge of such a plan, but it doesn't seem unreasonable. The original DA8 was released in mid 2013, so a 2015 release would be approximately 2 years later. That seems like a good time frame for a refresh... assuming there's some new design ideas or improvements Yulong wants to add.