or Connect

Posts by project86

Yes Veritas does look promising though I was hoping to see a lower price.... although technically I suppose Verita is pretty close to middle ground between the Concero HD and Invicta pricing.    Would be interesting to have a shootout between the Veritas and the new Mytek Brooklyn. 
 That's tough to say as your anatomy is unique to you and you alone. If you stick your pinky in your ears and open your jaw, does the area inside the ear expand? Mine does, but some people get the opposite result.  I've done both types and get better results with an open jaw (bite block is helpful). But that's just me. I will say if you've done one type for prior CIEMs and didn't love the result, it might be worth switching to the other style just to see how that goes. But...
Not a former Vega owner but I've spent considerable time with it in my system over the past few years. I think if you desire "that" type of sound, Vega is among the best out there at any price. My Calyx Femto is similar and at times I think slightly better in a few areas but overall I'd give the nod to the Vega, despite costing less than half the price and weighing quite a bit less too. My Esoteric D-07x is in the same boat.... more expensive, bigger/heavier, more flashy...
As far as I can tell from initial pics, Veritas should be similar in height to the Concero family. It does seem a bit wider but that should not be an issue for you.
 This. Here's a link to my article from InnerFidelity a few years back, covering the basics. Personally, I use a Radio Shack SPL meter to get a decent idea of what my levels are.
Potentially but I'm still on my initial listening, so I want to be sure before I make any declarations. 
  Cayin iHA-6 is very, VERY close to the Taurus. Like 95% of the sound signature. For $999. More power too, despite the smaller size. It has a few drawbacks in comparison but they aren't sound related. My review should be up at InnerFidelity in the next week or so.
I totally agree with that assessment of the Taurus. It's a beautiful piece of equipment but these days there are plenty of good alternatives to consider.   I suspect the V280 would be a good choice for a similarly priced, similarly powerful amp that gives a somewhat less bright signature. 
Very nice looking!   I just got my Zeus back (now updated to Zeus R) and they look identical as far as I can tell. Which is a good thing in my book. Haven't had time to do much listening yet..... can't wait.
I liked but didn't love the iFi Micro. Certainly wouldn't put it in the same class as the regular Concero much less Concero HD. That's just me though, I know some people go crazy for the iFi gear so clearly there's something appealing there.   I do have to point out the difference in marketing between Resonessence and iFi.... couldn't be further apart from one another. iFi spends a lot of time telling you how good their gear is, making a very compelling case for it to...