or Connect

Posts by project86

Wow! Physical media - we tend to forget how bulky it really is. And to think, you could fit all that (lossless rips of course) on a small portable USB drive.   Getting it there is the problem. I'll let you know about the SOtM sMS-1000SQ once I have it, but honestly you might do well separating your ripping from your listening. You could use a computer and get started now. Or perhaps get a NAS setup which supports ripping from external USB disc drive. I know my Asustor...
Yeah something's weird there. I have that exact setup (Invicta Mirus plus Taurus) driving LCD-3F and other headphones (no Abyss or Ether at the moment though). It definitely has heft to it, or tonal richness, or whatever we want to call it. Even with less authoritative headphones like HD800 I still hear it. Maybe not quite as thick as my Violectric V281, but definitely not thin.    Not sure what could be going on to cause this. 
  Thanks! I don't have an XC here any longer but I could see how that would be a complimentary pairing. If you mainly use the M around the house or office, then battery isn't a big issue.    They could always add something - I'm sure it's possible. The question is, will they? 
What was the source?
 That was actually me, not Tyll, who authored that little roundup. Tyll has heard all of them too but I haven't discussed it with him yet. I might ask him now, since the review is up and I no longer have to worry about bias creeping in.  If I got 6 hours from the M I'd be more willing to put up with it. I think I average 4.5 hours, with CIEMs, FLAC files of various resolution, and moderate screen use.     Thanks mate! I can see how people "put up" with the X5 amp section,...
Interesting question. I've never heard that come up before. I have a SOtM sMS-1000SQ coming in for review in the near future (month or two), and it can rip CDs. I'll check to see if it can do what you want. 
DUNU Titan might fit the bill, it's rather impressive for the price. Also HiFiMAN RE400. 
I think HP50 is warm, if not overly so. It's clearly emphasized in the lower regions. Again, not terribly unbalanced, but it's there. A very good headphone albeit difficult to compare to K553, since the MSRP is $299.   I had a tough time with fit on the HP50 though. Slightly crowded in the cups. 
  Agreed! I don't know how we (HeadFi) somehow arrived at the conclusion that any sealed headphone = portable. The K553 is one of the larger headphones you'll find, has a long cable, and doesn't attenuate a ton of sound. Nothing about that says "portable" to me.
 Just so everyone recalls:  Many other CIEMs later, this one is still among my absolute favorites. Just stunning!