Posts by project86

Looks pretty good to me....
Subscribed. I'm curious to hear if others like this thing as much as I do.   Btw, the confusion about the output stage - apparently the original CAS192 (non DSD capable) uses the OPA627+discrete transistor (BJT) for the output stage. They made some tweaks to the CAS192D and discovered the AD8599 sounded pretty much identical in this particular circuit. They mentioned to me something about these particular AD8599 chips being "special" but I'm not clear if that meant...
I'd just shoot them an email. Arthur usually responds very quickly.
 Nope, nice and cool. There's just a slight warmth during extended use but nowhere near as hot as the NuForce. The CMA800R does have significantly more interior volume, as well as a much thicker chassis. So it probably soaks up heat a lot better. 
If the HA-200 is pushing it in size, you definitely don't want the Questyle. Unless we're talking about their Q192 integrated DAC/amp unit which is really compact and does a great job for sensitive headphones and IEMs. Not enough juice to do planars right though.   Dual HA-200 at $700 compared to a single CMA800R at $1500 is a good question. I'd say the NuForce combo is more visceral and punchy sounding, while the CMA800R is faster, more nimble, more resolving and clear....
Pm'd
  Without derailing this Questyle thread too much - I read your review of the HA-200 (nice work by the way) and mostly agree both in terms of sound and functionality. I hear a bigger improvement with planars though, as compared to HD800 and other dynamics. Which is pretty much the same thing I experience with the Questyle monoblocks.  Tyll will be posting mine at InnerFidelity some time this week. Maybe Thursday.   Agreed. So far, 2 out of the 3 headphone monolock designs...
Depends on where you live... Make me an offer.
Yeah, interesting. Now that I've submitted my HA-200 write up, I need to find yours and give it a read. Sometimes we see things the same way, sometimes a bit different.
I finally got my act together and posted the CMA800R review, which covers a lone unit as well as monoblock setup. LINK to that one.    Turns out I messed up the first time around. I placed my original review of the CMA800 in the CMA800R category.... so when I went to do this new write-up, it wouldn't let me post (because a review already existed). So I had to move the original content to a NEW location, and then place the new review over the old one. Complex, I know.......