or Connect

Posts by project86

Wow, some excitement while I was away!   I will say, there's nothing wrong with someone expressing their opinions either for or against a component, whether it is in a thread dedicated to that component or not. You have experience? I don't mind hearing it. It's then up to me to determine how much weight I place on that experience, based at least in part from your other posts around here.   I also don't see anything wrong with pointing out someone's history. Maybe it...
  Because it can be useful, and if you don't need it just set to max volume. That's the same as not having it in the first place (or at least it should be on a well designed component).
 Definitely, I am upgrading as well once it becomes available.   More pics of the Veritas:      
Agreed on balanced, though I do use SE with IEMs and it works well (obviously the extra power from balanced mode is not needed).    I've been meaning try try some Hegel gear. I like their philosophy. 
Update - for those who always wanted to experience the Resonessence Invicta but found the price too steep.... Resonessence Labs is launching the new Veritas DAC. Here's their page for it.   Pre-orders available now, ships in 4-5 weeks. Cost is $2850 and it comes in gold, silver, or black. Appears smaller than Invicta but larger than the Concero line. Has all the usual suspects in terms of inputs and capabilities (balanced out, DSD, etc).   The major news is that...
Looks good! Those Robsons have external similarities to the higher end Monitor Audio Gold and Platinum models. Which I find enjoyable if a little overpriced. Yours are probably a better buy.
I really quite like the Simaudio. It reminds me of a nicer Bryston BHA-1... solid performing headphone amp from a "mainstream" high-end brand, perhaps not the best available at the price but certainly no slouch either, and easy to find/buy for those audiophiles who aren't knowledgeable about smaller/more focused brands.   I do prefer the V281 as a better value but the 430HA is excellent in its own way.
More eye candy:                 Cayin stack, fed by HM901S in dock, driving Dharma or HE1000 with balanced cables from Effect Audio. The rest of the system wired with Cabledyne Silver Reference except a few AC cables as I ran out of Cabledynes since I use them in the main system extensively. So I subbed in some others which killed the matching silver look.... oh well. 
Just some eye candy to keep things interesting:               That's the Cayin stack fed by HiFiMAN HM901S in the Dock (coax SPDIF out), or alternately by a MacBook Air running Audirvana+ (USB). Driving the ENIGMAcoustics Dharma or the HE1000, both with nice balanced cables from Effect Audio. Sounds fantastic!
  You're telling me! To be thorough, there's a LOT of listening to be done. Good for owner to have options but not so good for reviewers..... lots of fun though!