or Connect

Posts by project86

And is it really 32 bit native sample rate? Maybe a vinyl rip or something?
Do you guys have a source for 32 bit recordings? Can't say I have run across much of that in the wild. 
  Yes it is. 
  I've had both in my system though not at the same time. I like the DAC 2 far better than the original DAC 1 - I think they fixed a lot of the problems I had with the original model. However it's still not my favorite, and I like the iDAC-6 better overall.  Choosing the settings that make the iDAC-6 as neutral as possible, it sounds fairly similar to the Benchmark, though perhaps still a touch less detail oriented. But in general it can match almost everything the DAC 2...
 As was already eloquently mentioned by TonyNewman above - it's all subjective. You can read reviews and forum discussion until your eyeballs melt and still not come any closer to some objective truth. That said, I do recommend finding some reviewers and forum folks who seem to hear similarly to you, and then following them more closely than others. As one example: Many people love the 430HA. Personally I do not... the V281 is far better imho. If you read the Big Sound...
  My experience with the upgraded Mirus Pro is very positive indeed. Not sure if it is the chip in general or the digital filters (which I believe are either tweaked or totally new). Or maybe a combo of both? Whatever the case, the Mirus Pro is spectacular..... more to come soon.
  Mine isn't. I wonder if it is related to AC noise? 
 I don't believe that is on the list for now. Personally I don't see the need but I know a lot of people love fiddling with that transmission method. I was enthusiastic about it back when Audio Alchemy was doing it with their proprietary DIN cables.... well over 10 years ago by now. After much testing it ended up sounding the same as other digital methods. Oh well. Did I mention the new X-Sabre will have the new ES9028 Pro from ESS? 
  So far the general idea I've seen from them has: -Preamp, including remote-Still no headphone amp on board, they want to keep it separate for their dedicated amps-Yes on a Toslink input-Not sure about what has changed as far as the circuitry (and I don't know what problem you had with the original input anyway)-Display with incoming sample rate/bit depth-Buttons on front, possibly touch enabled This is all completely up in the air though, they could change their minds or...
I've heard the G103P and G109P - not exactly the same as G103S versus G109A, but realistically the differences should be very minimal.    If the price difference isn't massive, and your budget allows, I'd go for the G109 for sure. It's a more refined sound that can scale well even with expensive DACs. G103 is a great little amp with a fun, warm signature, but G109 is clearly a step above.