Posts by project86

I don't have any sort of super-sneaky inside info on this one - everything I know I got from THIS thread over at Audiocircle. Looks like the IDA-16 is eventually going to be $2600 but currently on introductory discount for $2350. So if the DAC-10 ends up being the same device minus the speaker amplification, I'd think it would fall somewhere around $2k give or take. Maybe $1500 if they go really aggressive on price. Then the DAC-10h with headphone amp will probably command...
The DAC-100 uses an AKM4390 which is what I'd call a midrange 32-bit chip. It's got decent specs, and is a solid, modern chip. But it's not the top of the AKM lineup, much less the ESS lineup which is a fundamentally different sort of chip as compared to most others.    Then again, the actual DAC chip itself is only one piece of the puzzle. Output stage, system clock, USB implementation, power supply, etc are all huge factors in deciding the end result. I'd expect this...
  From what I hear, Robert used to be excellent but something happened, and lately he hasn't been the same. I could be wrong.... but that was the last I heard of the matter. I'd look into a paypal dispute sooner than later, assuming you've already tried emailing multiple times and/or calling (if you even have the number). There's a time limit for that sort of thing, so I'd hate for you to give it too much time and then it's too late. 
It does look interesting. I think the IDA-16 I mentioned is under $2500. If it really is a great DAC, plus preamp, plus high quality 200wpc amp (likely based on the NuForce Ref series amps) then that's a solid value.
I believe I read somewhere it will be part of their NuPRIME line. They currently have the IDA-16 which is an integrated DAC/speaker amp thingy, like a beefed up version of the DDA-100. DAC-10 will be just the DAC part of that, using ES9018 and with balanced outs. DAC-10h will be the same but with a headphone amp on board. No idea about price or release date though.
What if you have no clue what an Everton is? Help a dense guy out here...
That's the sort of behavior that made Violectric search for a new distributor in the USA. Violectric-USA will respond to emails immediately.
That's a good start at least, for direct comparisons. Should be illuminating.
I get questions like this surprisingly often, and I'm not sure I quite understand either.   It's like if I buy a loaded Honda Accord, and Honda then decides to come out with a more expensive premium sedan based on the same platform. That's great, but my hypothetical new Accord still does everything it did the day before Honda announced the new model. If I was happy with it then, I shouldn't change my opinion just because a new product exists that serves different needs,...
If I recall correctly, B.M.C. owns their own factory. They used to be more heavily involved in doing OEM design and manufacturing work for other famous brands. For example, Carlos Candeias designed all of the C.E.C. transports (and amps and DACs, but they are mainly known for their transports) over the past decade or two. He also did some of the Aqvox gear, some of which was popular around here some years back.