New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by CDPlayer

 Reporting back after getting one and trying it with the TH900: it mates absolutely flawlessly. There is also a -20dB switch which is there specially for low-impedance headphones. I'm using mine with this switch off, don't really see any need for it.
  David seems to like his TH900 with this amp: http://www.head-fi.org/t/634201/battle-of-the-flagships-58-headphones-compared-update-audeze-lcd-2-revision-2-6-4-13#user_TH900
  This isn't an SS, it's one of Andreas' tubed amps.
  The guy who sold me these originally paid 2100 euro for them, as he bought them in Europe. Yes, I know they were about $1,600 from pricejapan just a few years ago; but the last one I didn't manage to win on yahoo JP only ~3 months ago went for more than that, and it was in worse condition that mine, also missing its flight case, IIRC.
Because I spent euros buying them.
*Sigh* my honeymoon with the 4070 is over. :( Too heavy and not deep enough for my my ears. Off to the "for sale" forum..   Sad panda. :(
So, my honeymoon with the 4070 that I was hunting down for almost a year is now over - I've found them to be too heavy and not deep enough for my ears.   I'm very happy with them in all other aspects - sound quality is excellent; I suspect they would pair with tube amp better than an SS, as their upper end is slightly elevated. Outward isolation is good - I can listen at normal volumes without causing any complains from my better half.   I've swapped the original...
  Thanks for the info. I do understand that a lot of the home chemistry isn't good for one's health, so stick to well-ventilated environments and short exposures.   The stuff that I used is sold under the name "Shellite", which I assumed, probably incorrectly, being the same as benzene. If it isn't the same, then that would explain the absense of problems with the CD jewel cases.
milosz, Michgelsen - thanks for the info; I think I'll stick to the ethanol.   spritzer - in my original post I've included a picture of the instructions printed on the original Stax box, which says, verbatim: "The remaining old double-sided tape should be cleaned by rubbing with absorbent gauze soaked in alcohol or benzene. It can be removed by trimming little by little with the fingertips. Under no circumstances use solvents such as paint thinner."   So benzene...
  Correct. And considering that I stuck the first pad onto the wrong driver, I just oredered a second set (from audiocubes2, because PriceJapan told me these are backordered at the dealer they are buying from, with ETA of 4 *MONTHS*).   I'm guessing that the fact the the instruction steps for replacing pads are written bottom up (step #1 is at the bottom, see picture I posted) didn't help the matters. :) Anyway, live and learn, and hopefully my fingers that I buggered up...
New Posts  All Forums: