Posts by mvw2

Headings help with the sea of text. EQ settings are inverse of the frequency response. I derived the frequency response graph from the EQ settings I use for each earphone. It's done with pink noise and the goal is equal intensity across the spectrum. It's a good approach that I've used for a few years, and it yields largely repeatable once acclimated to the noise track and getting used to listening to a broad spectrum of frequencies at once. It yields appropriate...
Thanks. The graph is helpful in a relative sense, but it unfortunately is what my ears perceive. Yours and anyone else's ears will hear the response differently. Heck, the response I have right now for the TF10 and OK1 are different then what I had a year ago when doing the same thing. The response graph for the IE8, UM3X, and SE530 to which I don't currently own are extrapolated from that graph but only show a related response that shouldn't be taken as dead accurate....
The CK100 isn't available in the US. It can be purchased overseas from online sellers, but the price is double that of the CK10. You have the choice of any other high end universal on the planet and even a bunch of entry level customs at their price point, so you'll have to weigh your options carefully. the CK10 is priced right around $200, so it's far easier to swallow and is in itself an excellent product. Then again, there are a lot of other excellent products...
Extremely different sounding earphones. I've written reviews of both. Search button will find it as well as other reviews/comparisons/comments.
Introduction I picked up a few new earphones recently and have been listening to them for several weeks. I bought Klipsch's Custom 3 to try out after a bit of praise. The price was decent, so I gave them a try. I also grabbed Joker's RE252 to try out, another well liked and well priced product. He let me try out his CK10 to boot. I was looking to order one but picked a bad time since most places were out of stock. Joker was kind enough to let me borrow his for a...
The Custom 3 is a nice earphone. It is a discontinued product though, but it's still available on eBay for around $150 which is a decent price for their performance. My only real personal gripe for the Custom 3 is that Klipsch, for whatever reason, chose a very bad cord. It's very thin, tangles easier then fishing line, and it just a stupid mess. The drivers used in the Custom 3 are quite good and match very well. Klipsch must made some dumb design choices that...
I find it a poor step for Shure to not at least try and take advantage of new driver technologies when they intend to come out with a new iteration.
I've only used the UM3X, so I can't really vote. I did specifically go with the UM3X after reading lots of comments/reviews simply because it was geared to be better balanced, although both have been described as very similar to each other in a lot of ways. I agree that the UM3X is incredibly in your face. It puts you right up on stage instead of out in the audience. This can certainly be off-putting for some who don't want that. Depth of stage is limitless though...
Quote: Originally Posted by JeFFz guess you could put me on the opposing side of the tf10. The more i listen to it, the more i can't justify that its as good as other iems. Which pushed me into buying the coppers ! I could agree with you on that if the TF10 is listened to alone. However, if you have a bunch of these other IEMs in front of you and keep swapping between them and then back to the TF10, the TF10 will always show you time and time...
Quote: Originally Posted by dweaver I feel the bass of the IE8 is very strong especially in the mid-bass but I would not call is a fast bass. For me to not call it fast, it would have to be sluggish. Although I was half expecting the IE8 to get slow with some fast note situations, it simply doesn't. It just isn't as dynamic and crisp as some other options but it just doesn't miss notes or even get sloppy on quick progressions. Because of this,...