Posts by mvw2

Yeah, the price isn't as drastic as it used to be. The SE530 has gone down some. The Triple.Fi 10 has gone up since the December Amazon deal. Frankly, there's a LOT of good earphone choices out there. Picking one heavily comes down to personal preference in sound. You have to find one that fits your personal taste. For example, the Triple.Fi 10 and SE530 sound very different from each other. If you had both in front of you to test, you would end up liking one a lot...
By working out, should we assume a lot of head movement? Or are most things you do pretty stationary?
Response shape Triple.Fi 10: slightly V shaped response, good extension on both ends, some of the best top end extension available SE530: midcentric response, rolls off quite early on the low end, well balanced and extended on the top end Sound Signature: Triple.Fi 10: thick, enveloping presence SE530: light, squeaky clean sound Dynamics: Triple.Fi 10: good authority/presence/power, lacks some breadth of range, not good at portraying subtlety (everything presented medium...
Yeah. Going from memory is not a good approach. From the way it sounds he once owned it, sold it, tried a bunch of other earphones, and then went back to it. It will sound very different after the new set of experiences with a bunch of other earphones. I very highly doubt the internals were ever changed. Frankly, that's how you ruin a company and Logitech isn't that dumb to destroy the UE brand image over some loose change. Frankly, Triple.Fi sales represent such a...
The pic shows the wireless system. Does the price include this wireless system? I will note for those saying it's pricey, the SA6 + wireless is +$300 retail. Most of the other multi-driver IEMs out there have retail pricing north of $300 to $400 or more. Even if it doesn't include the wireless system, it is not terribly priced for a premium product. Even something like the UM2 dual driver IEM is priced at $299 retail. Then again, retail is retail. Open market and...
The correct choice will depend upon the type of sound you're looking for. For example, are you specifically looking for bass or for treble or both. Do you want a full, enveloping presentation or something that's open, light, and crisp? I mean earphones present sound in many different ways. You have a specific sound presentation you're looking for, and one option will output that type of presentation. 50 other earphones will not, so you have to be careful in what you...
Be careful what you suggest when dkcan specifically states he's looking for a warmer sound. The Denon is fine, The Custom 3 is fine, the SA6 I suggested is specifically warm, but the CK10 is not, the RE252 is not, and the IE8 isn't available at the $200 price point. The only high end that can be had within $200 is the Triple.Fi 10. If dkcan wants warm and smooth, SA6 is a great option. If dkcan wants slightly warm but thick, Custom 3 is a good option (minus crap...
Drool.... Man I liked the SA6. The 7 looks amazing. Dual armature...mmm. I may need to buy demo (buy then sell, lol) these in the near future. ...now if only Phonak Audio followed suit.
Quote: Originally Posted by ljokerl Compared to the CK10 it sounds like it's immersed in oil (very preliminary impression). I think it's a great candidate for reshelling though. Yep. It's got thick notes. It's actually pretty nice with deep strings where you get nice, heavy reverberation and presence, but that thickness of note comes at a price, a loss of fine detail. It's noticeable when being able to directly compare to other options like the...
The Pro, although the difference is only a little thing in the cord, so I'm not sure why you'd much care.