Posts by mvw2

A note on the PFE. EQing plays a huge role in how it comes across. Their published response graph shows how rough they are on the top end. Interestingly if you have the option to fine tune the response with some level of resolution, you can balance out this region and rather significantly improve the treble sound of the PFE. A note on the midrange, the PFE with the gray filter and the ER4S/P share the same overall frequency response. The PFE has more energy but is...
Bravo. Have fun at HHA. Demo whatever else they may have too(maybe they'll carry some Westones).
I think the cable will last a while without issue. The main complaint is how easy it holds a kink and twists and knots up. It's terrible. However, the wire itself is fine, light weight, not great on microphonics but ok enough not to whine about it. I prefer a couple other earphones over the Custom 3 at the price point, but what the Custom 3 offers really well is a thicker note that emphasizes things like bass guitars, drums, etc. and it has a very open and spacious...
+1 for RE252. It's an outstanding earphone with a good retail price and excellent street price if you don't mind used. It's heavily overlooked. These are extremely well balanced. Treble extension rivals that of the Triple.Fi 10, and bass extends down low but is never over pronounced yet offers great impact of note. Fit is mixed. The gummy offers a lot of flexibility, and they can be trimmed as needed or completely removed (look at Kostalex thread). Seal will...
All PMs replied.
Are there any options in the UK to demo the Triple.Fi 10 and SE530? You might want to try searching for some forum members that also live in the UK that own a Triple.Fi 10 or SE530 to see if they'd let you demo their pair. If you really want an attempt to listen to either before buying, this is a good route you might try to pursue.
Logo etched on the y-splitter? Was it not before? Color will vary depending on lighting. Doesn't say HifiMAN on the gummies? I can see the gummy naming getting dropped. It wears off anyways, so it's kind of pointless unless redesigned in some way.
There's a lot of UK people on this forum. Maybe some of them can help out with choices, pricing, etc. As well, I want to state again that buying used is a great option. You can get a product much cheaper and never have to worry about loss of investment. Values really don't go down once at street price levels. For example. The UM3X hovers around the $250-$300 level used, W3 similar. Even if you don't like it, you simply resell at the same price. If you buy new, you...
Purdy, but wallet ouch. Single BA for $1100?
Yeah, it's really a judgement call here. There are sound characteristic difference, but there's also ergonomics and build too. I will note that in terms of treble, there is a sizable difference between strong treble and annoying treble. Having a bit is not a bad thing if the quality of sound is good. It simply brightens the tonality and makes the top end a little hotter and more sparkly. The problem generally arises when the treble quality is not so great but...