Posts by mvw2

I heard the price point was going up too. Really, I wouldn't like the frequency response touched much. It might end up different, but it might not end up better. A little upgrade of the drivers might be beneficial if they can breath a little more dynamic range into them. I just don't know how much they might mess up trying to change it. It would be a shame to lose some other qualities just because they want to tweak it a little.
Haha, yeah they're quite good. No the bass doesn't really bleed. It's not like the IE8 where there is significant emphasis through the midrange that makes it excessively warm. However, it is kind of like the Triple.Fi where there is some midbass, lower midrange pronunciation that comes across as domination. However, the Eterna doesn't have the top end emphasis like the Triple.Fi 10 that makes the midrange sound recessed. Rather the mid and upper end sounds pretty...
I recently grabbed a pair of these from another forum member. For a $60 earphone, I wasn't expecting anything outstanding despite ClieOS's Sonic Diamond award and high SQ ranking. I was actually pretty blown away with these things, and this isn't just $60 blown away. I've used most of the top end universals like the IE8, SE530, Triple.Fi 10, UM3X, and a bunch of other high end universals like the RE252, CK10, Custom 3, and ER4S. Even so, these buggers impress me. I...
I just grabbed a pair of the Eternas off another member. Initial impressions are favorable. The bass is interesting. It reminds me a lot of car audio running subs. You get that over pronounced bass line but also the full range set still performs well for the rest of the range. The Eterna has that kind of presentation. It's a fun type of gear, an expected type of sound for most people familiar with car audio installs. I was actually surprised by the amount and good...
Triple.Fi 10 sold. Thanks for looking.
Price is always a big concern. Bang for the buck, I will always suggest buying used. I know a lot of people dislike the idea, but you really can't beat the price, and these products typically are not a high wear item. Back when I bought my own IE8, TF10, SE530, and UM3X for testing, all could be purchased used in the mid to high $200 range. Warranty really only becomes a concern when you don't trust your own ability to keep them safe. Yet flukes do happen, and a...
Maybe it was just a bad day at the plant. I don't know. Glue parts unfortunately are prone to weakening. It hasn't been uncommon on the Triple.Fi 10. I expect the same from any glued product, even the Westone, Shure, or Sennheiser ones. I'll agree the attention to detail of the UM3X isn't like that of the SE530 or IE8. The SE530 and IE8 look expensive, and they make an effort to run through the steps to make the earphone cosmetically attractive. The UM3X...
More drivers means nothing. I will agree that stepping from a single driver to a dual driver is an important step simply because a single driver has a very hard time covering the entire spectrum. However, once you're at two drivers, a well implemented design will over the entire spectrum well. More drivers typically won't gain you much if anything other than output capability if needed. I'm glad you liked the Westones. They make some excellent products. The UM3X is...
Lol, I didn't say the SE530 and the PFE were on the same level. I'm simply saying they have the same type of presentation. Both have very high dynamics and a short, clean, spaced note. They incur a similar type of downside from this with a lack of heft to notes and a lack of texture. As for the RE252, yes, they are highly detailed. They have a great dynamic range including the ability to create subtlety and convey quiet information (very few do this well). However,...
Yep, big fan of the OK1 too. It's long been my favorite earphone beating out basically all the top end IEMs I've tried. The TM5 would have been neat to try. I'd like to get my hands on a pair to demo. To cal Yuin the best available, I think that's stretching it. The problem with that statement is that earbuds are largely ignored on this forum and largely untried. A LOT of brands and models simply have not been used, compared, and reviewed. Yuin is one of the few...