Posts by mvw2

Well, they sell on the website and say nothing about stock but also sell online and say numerous available but delivery in May.  Maybe it just takes that many weeks to ship.  I don't know.  Maybe it's made on demand.  I'm not sure the specifics, but the eBay listing that they sell through says it's a 3 to 4 week wait for whatever reason which is unusual for something that's "in stock."  The eBay listing is Lendmeurears and shows that there are more than 10 available...
What aspects do you want to keep of the CK10 and what aspects are you willing to deviate from?  Do you want something that still sounds a lot like the CK10 or do you want something different?  Depending on what you want, you may do anything from buying a second CK10 or step to something entirely different.  At the end of the day, you need to have a product you can be happy with.  For me to make suggestions, I need to know what you want.   I will state right off the...
Version 1 Fischer Eterna comes to mind, so yeah, you're on the right track there.  Fischer has brought back the popular version 1 and Bugdenaudio sells it for under $70.  If you want something warm yet well balanced with a dominant bass drive, it's an outstanding option.  At the $100 price point, products like the Sunrise Xcape and Hifiman RE-Zero come in as alternatives, but their gearing is more balanced, colder without that warm and bassy signature you're looking...
The UM3X is a great earphone.  From a musical standpoint, the only real gripe of the product is that it was developed for professional stage use rather than consumer music listening.  Subsequently, the frequency response isn't as balanced as it could be geared.  The Westone 3 is the consumer equivalent.  Preference towards either model varies though as they do offer different things.  In terms of high quality sound, you can't really go wrong with either.  It's more so a...
Now if only purchasing one didn't mean a frickin' one month wait.  I think I'm better off just watching the for sale section for someone's to pop up.
RE0 - textured, detailed, but small dynamic range, great note attack but low weight, slightly dark overall signature, very very controlled driver, also needs a powerful amp to properly operate   RE-Zero - Major changes from the RE0 come from a looser driver offer a more natural, effortless, and dynamic note, frequency response is better balanced overall, notes are more natural and life-like, some loss of fine detail and edginess for a more delicate, playful...
You and ClieOS certainly make this earphone a bit of a must buy for me, although I'm curious if I should wait if the package might change in the near future.
Well the challenge is there are a lot of great options out there, but while good, the presentation of sound varies.  If you don't mind stepping to something more detailed to compliment what you already have, you might look at something like the Etymotic ER4P.  New is a little above your price point, but a used set will fall within the $150 mark.  This is a reference level product that's long revered as one of the greatest IEMs out there.  It's old tech being +15 years...
I've found the scaling to be dependent on the source player.  If wattage is sufficiently low, bass gets muddy and discoherent but snugs right up when stepping to an adequate wattage source.  Wattage need is volume dependent.  As well, the UM3X get more visceral and realistic as you up the volume some, so wattage need goes up.  Depending on listening levels and available source devices, amping may become rather important.  Mind you, the UM3X doesn't need a lot of wattage...
Well first off, what's your preference in sound?  I'm not asking about music, but rather I'm asking about how you like sound presented to you.  Discuss things like tonality (warm, neutral, bright), level of detail (crisp or smoothed), presentation (forward, natural, laid back), any details on how you like your bass, mids, and treble, and so on.  If you can give us some details on how you like your sound, we can guide you to a product that will fit that well.   Also,...