Posts by mvw2

Until Sunrise actually puts it up on their website as something official, it's questionable.  Why he has a number of them, I do not know.  There isn't even official packaging for the Impressive Edition at all, no box, no labeling, nothing.  Sunrise sent me a demo one that came in the original Xcape box.  There are no markings to indicate that it is anything other than the original Xcape other than Sunrise telling me it's the Impressive Edition (as opposed to v1, v2,...
The issue with the RE-Zero isn't sensitivity.  It's that the top end is pretty mild mannered, too pleasant for your liking.  You might be better off using an earphone with more aggressive treble, detailed, edgy to get what you seek.  Bass on the RE-Zero is understandable as it does roll off some.  Also the lean, clean note may not carry the heft and fullness you seek either.  Something you may need to figure out is if you simply want a different kind of presentation or...
I will have a review up within the next couple weeks.  I can comment on some basic impressions of them right now, but that's about it.  I've never owned any other version of the Xcape earphone, so I can't compare between devices.  The Impressive Edition is, like all the other versions popping up for testing, is a different gearing of the product.  The Impressive Edition is specifically supposed to offer a little higher quality sound over the regular Xcapes, but as it was...
The CK10 is a bit better in several areas.  The CK10 has more dynamic rannge, more texturing, and a more filled out note over the lower half of the audio spectrum.  The CK10 has better transparency and sounds more real due to having a more fleshed out and articulated note.  You will hear more with the CK10.  The presentation of sound is more balanced, more natural with the CK10.  The CK10 has a better sound stage as well.  The frequency response of the CK10 is flatter...
Well, to get the rest sold, I dropped prices 10%.
The SE530 is a much more balanced earphone than the UM3X.  I found the SE530 to be more realistic sounding.  The SE530 also has some of the highest dynamic range of any BA based earphones I've used.  Notes are poorly textured nor articulated well due to being very short.  It sounds squeaky clean but also slightly ghostly in its realism with information not quite fleshed out.  For some, this also makes it sound somewhat laid back despite having a very high dynamic range...
goodvibes is a little more accurate in the depiction.  Really, all the driver is trying to do is recreate the wave form.  The more accurate the driver, the closer it is to the incoming signal.  Music isn't smooth waves.  It has a lot of subtle variations, and it's the goal of the driver to convert those voltage variations into sound wave variations as best it can.  Some drivers don't articulate information as well as others, so they sound smoother, less detailed.  Some...
Basically the area under the curve thing has to do with energy.  Sound waves produced by a speaker are pressure waves, like waves in the ocean.  A speaker has control over amplitude, width, rise rate, and fall rate.  Amplitude is volume.  The width is heft/body of the note.  The width comprises of the rate of rise and fall of the note.  For rise, we can think of impact and for fall we can think of decay.  What happens depends on motor strength and damping of the...
It's what an actual thick, textured note gets you.  Many BA based earphones have such short decay they can't transmit that note heft.  It's an area under the curve thing when it comes to bass and sense of presence.  For a BA, the ER4 is borderline muddy in a sense of how much note body it has, kind of like the Triple.Fi 10 or Custom 3.  When you add thickness to good dynamics, you get an impressive amount of presence and authority.  BAs have a knack for staying quite...
The ER4 is superior, significantly so.