Posts by mvw2

Wish I could, but I haven't really looked at amps much at all.  Anything I'm looking at is kind of the best bang for the buck high end stuff, and you kind of get to a point where nothing you're looking at is cheap, well unless you count $150-$200 cheap.  Cheap in my eyes is a $25 FiiO E5.  It's simple, works for its intended purpose, and if that's all you really need, it works great.  However, the step up to high end is noticeable.  The price difference is also vastly...
The earphone itself is the wow part.  The driver used in this earphone is amazing.  Simply put, the quality of the sound produced by the driver used is top level stuff, like tippy top like I just shoved the highest end Seas or Scanspeak equivalent driver into this tiny earphone top level.  The driver itself is ridiculously good.  I will say the implementation of the driver isn't my favorite.  I don't get why it's tucked away in the housing firing at an angle, and there...
Question #1:  What kind of sound signature are you looking for?   That will determine what you should be looking at.
I never thought the MTPG was a bass monster.  I know people say they are, but I disagree.  The low end response is pretty flat and well controlled.  The MTPG is thickly textured which helps make the presence more hearty.  Really, I've never got why people say they are so bass strong.  They simply are not versus other options.  The Triple.Fi 10 is more emphasized but so is the IE8, W3, or well a slew of other options.  I personally found the MTPG to be pretty well...
You mean like the one that already exists?   http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/457420/warning-fake-ie8s-comparison-pictures-included
I think punchy is the wrong word.  It's not that the Xcape IE lacks punch.  It's more a matter of sensitivity.  It does respond well to EQing and does fill out well doing so.  The Xcape IE is more geared around the midrange with lighter emphasis on the extremes.  Techno tends to hover more around the extremes, so product geared for that fit better (like the Triple.Fi 10).   One question with any earphone is the idea of frequency response competency.  An earphone may...
Yep, the Triple.Fi 10 is often under appreciated and overlooked.  It's better than some give them credit for.  For me, they have been in my top 3 for a long time and I've used many high end earphones.  They are really quite good and at some of the ridiculously low pricing they've been at have been very, very high bang for the buck.   As with any universal BA earphone, the choice to go custom may more likely depend on when/if you break the universal at some point in...
Well, you like what you like.  Part of the hobby is figuring out what that may be.  What you like may change over time too.  Since you're bumping bass and treble, you obviously want that.   It's not that the DBA-02 lacks bass.  It's just that the frequency response does roll off on the low end and that the notes have very fast decay.  In a way the DBA-02 has "more" bass than the RE-Zero as it is more aggressive than the RE-Zero, and this can be enough to say "well, I...
Indeed.  It's nice that they like continuous evolution and do seem to try to fit their products to what people want, but they do definitely need to sit back and stop for a minute.  There is a big difference between small batch prototyping/demoing and full consumer market trim, and it's really odd that Sunrise doesn't see or simply ignores that.  It's...weird, and it's going to cause a lot of hassle.
I might lean you more towards something like the Panasonic HJE900 on the cheap.  You would also be a good candidate for the Triple.Fi 10 as well if you didn't mind spending a little more.  Actually, you should be able to find a Triple.Fi 10 for the price range of the DBA-02.   As for the DBA-02, the RE-Zero has more bass but the DBA-02 does have more treble.  The GR07 is one I have yet to hear personally, but it is geared to be balanced, so no, it wouldn't be a...