Posts by mvw2

What kind of sound are you looking for?  Why do you think the SM3 fits your preference best?  We can't really say yes or no or point you to anything specific without knowing what kind of sound signature you're shooting for.
The Triple.Fi 10 is certainly encroaching on muddy (on a BA scale).  If you're asking about the DBA-02 vs. RE252, the RE252 will present more information.  The DBA-02 simply lacks texture with the short note, and decay and texturing is necessary to convey information.  If it's not there or quite lacking, you are very frankly missing information.  Both are very clear, very high clarity.  The RE252 simply offers a thicker note and texturing and more detail comes with it. ...
$380 is a bit pricey for the IE8.  They typically go on sale for $240 from time to time, and you should be able to snag a used pair in the low $200 range.  I think I bought mine some time back for $230 from another member, and that was before the $240 sales started popping up.  There isn't much point paying retail if you don't have to.  Plus a used pair means it's already burned in, and that can be a moderate process, also requiring an amp to do well.  They are pretty...
RE262, no, but the RE252, yes.   The DBA-02 does sound like a good fit for you.  I personally feel the CK10 is a moderately more competent earphone.  There are certain shortcomings of the DBA-02 that does limit what it can do.  The CK10 simply portrays sound more fully and realistically.  Both are fast, but the CK10 is more detailed.  The DBA-02 is more aggressive and energetic though.  The RE252 comes into play too being similarly geared to the DBA-02 albeit...
You're going to have an interesting time trying to find something very detailed but at the same time laid back enough not to be overly analytical or aggressive.  Typically, these are mutually exclusive.  A fast earphone tends to be pretty analytical and analytical tends to be pretty aggressively detailed.  Sometimes you can get a lot of speed, but a softer note.  Some BA based earphones do this where they are quick but lack some of the raw power in a way that could be...
Well, if you have some spare cash, you can always own both.  Try and compare, then sell off the one you like less.  
The IE8 can be a good choice if it's the sound you're looking for.  You already have the IE7 and if you're looking for an upgrade from that, the IE8 is there.  I have not used the IE7 personally, so I can't comment on the differences.  Some casual reading I've done in the past about it indicated the IE8 is a decent improvement on the shortcomings of the IE7 in terms of covering the frequency response better.  The IE8 is actually pretty well balanced minus the midbass...
Material choice can play a role.  The ear plugs may just be a relatively scratchy foam.   However, anything stuck in your ear is uncomfortable at first.  I remember first getting into IEMs and being rather annoyed by the process.  It takes a little while for your ears to get used to that.  It is also helpful to learn what tips fit your ears well.  The ones that fit better will automatically feel more comfortable.  
Best is relative.   If you want something balanced with a good sound stage, look at Ortofon.  The e-Q5 or e-Q7 will do well.  Bass digs low when the track has it, but it doesn't accentuate which sounds like something you're looking for.  The Ortofon products are geared for balance and will suit a wide variety of genres well.  I've used quite a few high end universals, and to date (haven't used the e-Q5 just yet, nor the GR07 which has just shown up on the head-fi...
The DBA-02's build was fine the way I saw them.  I didn't feel underwhelmed by them when I owned them.  It's not like they're super high end but not junk either.  For the price point, they seemed to fit well with other products at that price.  I've seen better.  I've seen worse.  Earphone wear and tear is more a byproduct of how it's used, and that's largely a user issue.  There can be poor material choices that a manufacturer may use that may inevitably cause problems,...