Posts by mvw2

But that's a US page which hasn't sold the CK10 for over a year.  As far as the US is concerned, the CK10 has been discontinued for over a year.  My point is the Japanese page does not list the CK10 as discontinued.
Um, are you just reading into the website literally or what?   You want to know what's not being sold, you go to their website.  Any product grayed out is no longer being produced and clearly labeled as "product ended" ala Japanese.
I don't feel there is anything specifically geared for classical.  Simply like any other genre, it's good to have balance for an even presentation.  It's good to have extension for the lows and highs to portray the broad range of all the instruments.  Since classical is orchestra, it's a collection of many instruments played at once.  An earphone needs a good level of detail.  This not only includes speed of notes but also texturing/articulation of details within the...
Cabling is a touchy subject.  It's hard to get things just right.  I tend to find that twisted cable is kind of the easier solution.  People like it, it works, and microphonics are generally low.  The twisting even creates a small amount of spring and give to the cable too, not a ton but some.  As for normal cables, one of my favorites has been my OK1 earbud cables.  It has a nice rubbery feel, very flexible, no memory, decently durable, etc.  I've always just liked it...
At the end of the day, many are pretty on par with each other as long as they are a sealed unit and using a tip with a good seal.  You can find that products with the smaller housing tend bring in a little less.  An open chamber and surface area is a thing that can vibration and bring in outside sounds, so the small things fair a little better.
The typical difference revolves around the visceral sense.  A big earphone is more naturally capable of creating a visceral presence due to the amount of air being moved.  Smaller products can provide the same kind of frequency response, but it won't carry the same presence due to only presenting this to the inner ear.  It's similar to comparing headphones to floor standing speakers.  The visceral scale from the body interaction is different, regardless of if the...
The CK10 is one of those earphones that are quite good with a few very specific annoyances.  The nice thing is it only takes a couple minor tweaks to fix the hot treble and slightly light bottom end.  The very strong peak at 10kHz is a moderate issue.  It's narrow at least but it's moderate, 9dB from my perception and toying with EQing, which is significant enough to be a bit annoying.  The bottom end is lean.  The note simply doesn't carry quite the fullness needed to...
The ER4P doesn't need an amp.  Amping wouldn't provide much other than an option to color the sound signature a little depending on what product you get.  On the cheaper end, you may even worsen the sound a little if the product introduces an audible level of noise.   Plain and simple a different IEM will offer a vastly larger difference than an amp.  An amp is useful when the power is needed.  When it is not, the amp isn't doing anything for you.  An amp makes sense...
Well, on a budget something like the Eterna is a good buy for something with some fun factor.   However, fun is relative and depends on what kind and how much coloration you want.  The most mindlessly fun earphone I've used is the Triple.Fi 10.  It's possible to find pairs affordably, but it's above the budget you're sticking with.
Best bass I've used: UM3X.  It's better than the IE8.