Posts by mvw2

The concept of emotion mainly has to do with one thing: dynamic range.  To convey emotion through sound, the earphone needs the ability to be both delicate and subtle as well as explosive and powerful.  It needs the breadth in performance simply to mimic the breadth of the performer.  A lack on range or poor performance on either end limits what the earphone can do in recreation.  When comparing earphone to earphone, you will often find that the more emotional ones are...
When you talk about liking bass heavy, are you specifically asking for moderate bass emphasis or are you simply worried about getting an earphone that lacks bass?  For example, would you still seek more if you used an earphone will a well extended and well represented bass response?  Or, do you specifically prefer bass boost and bass dominance in the presentation?   The difference between these two things will influence your end result.   The Custom 3 is a better...
  Raises hand.  I do find them comfortable.  However, you do need to position them right and use a tip that works with your ears.  The cable is fine.  People are just hard on earphones.   The Triple.Fi 10 has more pronounced bass than the GR07.  It's more dominant, more powerful.  
The GR07 is certainly a nice earphone.  First, the GR07 is a dynamic driver earphone meaning it does need break in time, a moderate amount, apparently above average.  This will help loosen up and fill out the low end.  Second, if you are accustomed to products that produce an excess of bass, that sound of excess becomes the normal.  At this point, you seek that "normal" from every other product you use regardless of if it's correct or not.  You have to decide if you...
There aren't many products out there that have a remote.  A lot that are used around here simply don't have that.  I think one question you need to ask yourself is are you willing to constrain your selection for the sole gain of that remote feature?
Was it your first sealed design earphone?  Typically the foam tips help with this, but really it's just something you get used to.  Just having a good seal isn't exactly a "bad" thing, rather the opposite for most.  I will agree the feeling can be weird.  Frankly, IEMs are super weird at first for everyone.  They just feel unnatural, goofy, and irritating.  It takes a month or so just to get used to this type of format.  After some time they do become second nature...
One of the greatest achievements an audio device can have is not the ability to be amazing in some particular way but rather that it simply does nothing terribly wrong.  Some earphones are amazing in particular ways, but many fault seriously in some regard.  Realistically there is no perfect earphone.  They are all just a series of compromises.  In the end, it really just comes down to best fit for your personal preference.  Some of the more universally liked earphones...
I haven't owned the SE535 but have owned the SE530.  I suggest giving it time.  Spend time comparing back and forth between the earphones.  From my experience the SE530 and very likely the SE535 has a lot of wow factor.  It's very dynamic, squeaky clean, and well balanced.  It has a number of strengths.  However, it also has a number of shortcomings too.  Now I've only used the SE530, and a couple of the shortcomings with that earphone was improved with the SE535....
When talking about bass, we have to discuss three parts: sensitivity, body, and impulse.   Sensitivity has to do with the earphones ability to maintain volume down into the lower octaves or does the frequency response roll off on the low end.  In order to have well represented bass, we certainly do need to retain some level of senstivity relative to the rest of the frequency spectrum or it gets overshadowed in output by higher frequencies and is lost.  So, we want...
I don't mind frequency response focus as long as the presentation of the note is well represented, i.e. good dynamic range, good decay, good texturing/articulation of details, even intensity, etc.  We can always EQ things to suit our preference in response, but we have little control over how notes are fleshed out by the earphone.  This is simply a byproduct of the driver design, and we have minimal influence over this.   I've used a number of the Hifi-man products...