Posts by mvw2

The Triple.Fi 10 is on the short list of bang for the buck earphones along with things like the RE-Zero and Custom 3. 
Since there was some inquiry, I've added a Trades section.  It's pretty straight forward.  I'm not really looking for anything right now.  The only interest I have at this time is VSONIC's GR07, and that's pretty much the only thing out right now that I haven't used plus have a particular interest in.  If you ask about trades for anything else, I will more than likely decline unless it's something seriously worth trying out and priced to move.  I just can't say what that...
Sub bass is a hard thing to get with IEMs.  Even when it's there, it's not really visceral.  I do agree that the HJE900 has strong midbass.  I wouldn't say the sub bass is lacking though, but the midbass is prevalent since the midrange is recessed.  It's easier to notice.  In a way, you are also hinting that you may want more midrange rather than just that bass focus.  Yet, you don't want an analytical earphone that will be light on the bottom end either.   If you...
First Class Registered is the most affordable way to ship to Canada which still offering a protected shipment.  This is $16.50.
By earbuds do you mean any in ear type of earphone including IEMs?  Are you looking for over the ear type of earphones only?  Or are you looking for IEMs as well?   If IEMs, I'd point you to the Sleek Audo SA6 (soon to be SA6R) along with the wireless unit.  For portable work out stuff, it's one of the nicer packages and very light.
I typically do find an EQ setting for each, but for this match up I stayed away from that.  I wanted to present the sound the way I hear them without any adjustment, as in how you may probably hear them.  If I want to personally live with an earphone I will either run it on a normal basis with an EQ or pick an earphone that is well balanced from the start so I won't need one.   My basic EQing method is just to run pink noise.  There are tracks online or you can just...
In a general sense, BA drivers and dynamic drivers sound a little bit different from each other.  BA drivers tend to have a lighter, quicker sound.  Details tend to always be more edgy, never really rounded off.  Interestingly BAs tend to not really get muddy or sloppy even with a thick note (Triple.Fi 10, Custom 3).  Dynamics do tend to have an easier time presenting a visceral sense of sound, although BAs will too but tend to need more volume to develop that presence. ...
The non-removable.
Triple.Fi 10 has always been my favorite for techno stuff.   The MTPG is a borderline muddy earphone.  It has good bass control but is sluggish and sloppy overall when it comes to complex stuff, and the smooth treble may not suit the highs that techno stuff typically offers..   The DBA-02 can be great in certain ways.  In certain ways it's not.  Bass is one of the nots.  The note is very lean from the short decay and quiet from sensitivity roll off.  If bass is a...
Well speed on a basic sense is a matter of if the earphone seems effortless or not in the presentation of sound.  Some may regard aggressiveness as speed though.  High texturing and articulation could be perceived as speed in the sense of bringing forth more details, although this isn't speed alone but also actually providing a longer, more well rounded note that is not particularly smoothed.  Then again, a long note could be perceived as thick and sluggish.  I don't...