Posts by mvw2

Yeah, it's simply a different approach.  It's just something people haven't done, and I felt it would be neat.  Plus our minds work a little differently when we are viewing a thing with audio versus simply listening to an audio track.  We process the information in a different way which is interesting.  It's a different experience.
The Triple.Fi 10 isn't analytical.  It is very refined though and clean.  It's just that the note is a bit thick, and micro details end up getting lost.    Analytical comes in various flavors.  Some compress the dynamic range to bring forward the quieter bits and give you a greater onslaught of information.  The DBA-02 and RE252 are good examples of this.  I am personally not a fan of a compressed dynamic range, but it does have its benefits.  It doesn't help that a...
It sounds like you're trying to jump in head first when you should probably just be dipping your toes in first.   bitrate necessity varies.  People have their preferences.  It is important to have something better than what the earphone can reveal.  In a sense, you can get away with low bitrate stuff if the device playing the audio isn't good enough to discern the quality.  When you use better and better equipment, the need for better recordings increases.   An...
I will give a simple warning.  In the world of head-fi, there will always be newer, greater, and different earphones out there.  This really isn't a matter of trying to find the perfect earphone.  That's a hard thing to do when one both does not know absolutely what they want nor know absolutely how the products out there sound in relation one's desires.  I've personally owned and compared a majority of the top level universals.  I am one who does have a very good...
Yes.  The SE535 for example is a lot like the SE530.  Part of the goal of the SE535 is that it still sounded much like the SE530.  I personally disliked the SE530 specifically because it did not cover the entire spectrum.  It was effectively as good as a single BA driver earphone in that way which in my eyes is stupid.  The SE530 was retained much like the E500 and the SE535 much like the SE530.  They do vary a small amount from each other but those coming from the...
The only problem with the SE530 and SE535 is they roll off on the bottom end.  If you are concerned about deep bass like you describe, you will find them lacking.  Midbass is great, but the bottom end simply isn't there, and for rap, that's problematic.  The bass line simply won't be there.  It's kind of sad for a triple driver earphone to be like that, but I know Shure is doing it on purpose to keep the folks who like the sound signature happy.  The SE435 may be a...
Don't assume Youtube videos are the only thing I'm using.  I've owned all of these earphones for several months and have listened to them through a wide variety of sources and songs.  Really the Youtube idea was me simply offering a different perspective of the listening experience, tying visual and audio together and offering something you guys can also view and listen to with your own hardware and compare.  The goal was to offer something a little more immersive in a...
I've used the SE530 but not the W3.  I've only used the UM3X which I understand is like the W3 in many ways but still different somewhat.  For ease, I'll just copy what I wrote a year ago for the SE530.  I found the SE530 to be a lot like the PFE and RE262 in behavior, very short, clean note, extremely dynamic, but decays so quick that it lacks texturing and note body which does create some shortcomings.  The Custom 3 and I suspect W3 (relative to my experience with the...
The Gold is muddy and lacks a lot of control.  Even with an amp, they do not like complex music. I wouldn't call them overpowering.  The frequency response is actually quite flat but the note is thick which does pull the emphasis lower.   If balance and broad spectrum frequency response is the goal, I'm going to point you towards Ortofon.  The e-Q7 or e-Q5 are great examples of a very well balanced earphone with a well extended response.  The cord is still known not...
The RE-Zero is now paid for and sold.