Posts by mvw2

Yep, DBA-02 is another one, oh that reminds me the RE-Zero as well.   I found the DBA-02 to be aggressive for a BA earphone, very fast, but still short on note which did lean out the low end some.  The RE-Zero is a little more filled out, delicate and playful, slightly forward.  On the cheap, the RE-Zero is my favorite.  For $100 or less, I think it's one of the most well balanced and well behaved earphones in that price range.  At the $200 price point, I feel a used...
Having more than one dual driver earphone is a good thing.  People have different tastes, and dual driver units are some of the more ideal packages for a mix of performance and cost.  Think Custom 3, CK10, CK90Pro, UM2, etc.  Heck, many of the 3 driver units are still only two BA units, just dual bass drivers to reduce distortion.   I for one was not a huge fan of the DBA-02.  I personally seek a product with better dynamic range and a thicker, more textured note...
e-Q7, RE252, ER4, PFE, CK90Pro, CK10   $200?  Used, maybe the e-Q5, definitely the RE252, ER4, and PFE, very likely the CK90Pro, CK10 and e-Q7 a stretch.   I think for the average user, the Ortofon will be most likable.  The RE252 is very highly detailed but fitment is an issue.  The ER4 is very detailed and offers a thicker, textured note that's not so BA like but also somewhat limited on both ends in terms of frequency response presence..  The PFE is more of...
Um, that's it.  I'm curious if anybody has the answer to this.
RE252 is paid for and sold.
Triple.Fi 10 officially paid for and sold   UM3X paid for and sold  
Given the high price tag of both products, there is really only a very minimal portion of users on this forum that will have heard both the D7000 and any of the customs as well.  It will be better to simply take your experience with the D7000 and compare it against the reviews and listening impressions of members using the custom IEMs.  In addition to that, I would contact the companies via e-mail and inquire how their products sound in relation to the D7000. 
What about something...smaller.   Yuin makes some great clip on earphones like the G1A, and many people sacrifice a cheapy Parts Express earphone for the band to use with them.  The sound quality is excellent and enjoyable to listen to.  On a smaller scale yet, you have the Blox TM5 earbud, big earphone sound in a tiny package.  If isolation is necessary, it starts to become better to step to IEMs as the portable route.  for full size headphones you really need an...
Well the RE-Zero is an excellent budget product.  Along with the Sunrise Xcape, these are some of the nicer earphones within the $100 price point.  I have not used the Xcape personally, so I can't really comment on them.  There are enough reviews out there to guide you though.  Once you start spending more, other options open up, and you start picking and choosing what fits you best.  Personal preference plays a big role, so it's tough as someone is not you to tell you...
I see headphones as simply different options.  I think headphone manufacturers have an easier time working at a larger format, but gains and losses really aren't that vast between the packages.  I see the choice between them more an idea of increasing the selection pool.   I wrote this a little while back comparing just a few earphones.  It wasn't a big group, just some earphones I and my brother own.  It was done more to show the difference/similarity in format. ...