Posts by mvw2

It's hard to really get the entire spectrum well.  I guess it might depend on what type of sound signature you're shooting for.  Do you want a V shaped response again or something that's flat and even?  Do you have a budget at all?   The Ortofon options, the e-Q5 or e-Q7 are certainly good options that cover the spectrum well and are well balanced to boot.  The GR07 and RE252 are also excellent options.  I've used the DBA-02 before and found them to be significantly...
I always like to hear that.  This is how I feel when comparing something like the RE-Zero versus the RE252.  You just see that solid step up.  However, comparing something like the RE252 to the RE262, I see them as even leveled but quite different in offering.  With the ability to say something like the RE252 can offering nothing over the RE272, this implies the RE272 is a step up holistically from the RE252 and by implication the RE262, although I question that...
Excellent reviews and lots of discussion on the RE272.  I like it.  The bass discussion is interesting too.     Everyone tends to have certain preferences towards amount, weight, impact, etc, so it's quite tough for one product to satisfy all.  I've been in the car audio hobby for a long time and have had my share of subwoofers.  One thing I found was that despite simply presenting 20Hz to 100Hz scale of information and being geared quite significantly just to do...
What does "unsticked" mean?
Well, I'm not sure if there will be much for quality issues.  They've been working on this for a while now.  However, I not happy about seeing zero strain reliefs.  Hopefully such a design choice won't warrant any issues from prolonged use.  Phonak isn't exactly new to the market and has at least been in the hearing aid market for some time (60 years).  I'm sure they don't take a $500 product lightly.  I'm just curious how it will fit into this market.  A premium price...
Interesting about the price.  While I don't consider cost to equal the number of drivers, I do scale value off the physical value and performance.  $500 is a realm you don't really want to be in unless you can seriously back it up with a godly device.  It's not the problem of just being good.  It's the problem of competing against every single product on the market and believing your product is better than everyone else's...or at least sit on par with and either offer a...
An interesting option at within the $120 mark is Dunu's Hephaes IEM.  It's actually a pretty good earphone overall for that price point, but it is geared with a little bit extra bass presence for those who seek that bass bump.  The build quality is rather good for this price point too as is the abundant accessories. For someone seeking a good earphone within the $120 mark but does still seek that little bit of bass coloration, it's a great option.
I do enjoy seeking the next better thing, because I do believe there is likely something more fitting to my tastes than what I already have.     I do tend to see the ability to scale down my ownership to one or just a few comes about from finding products that offer me either the most comprehensive package.  To get to one, I think one needs to be able to accept and settle on the one best fit despite not being perfect everywhere.  For myself, I've found this to be...
Well, stepping from a $50-$75 earphone to a $300 is a big jump.   I'm curious what you mean by cinema quality.  Are you seeking a particular type of presentation or are you merely suggesting "I want high sound quality." to which most anything $150 and up does well.  It gets more tricky if you are actually seeking a certain type of presentation.  If the presentation type is specific, then we would need to know what type of presentation you seek so we can actually...
If you're using the Comply tips, make sure you're not just squishing the one side.  Sometimes the ends can get squished together and close off a lot of the pathway, cutting out highs.  If you move the earphone around or set it more loosely in the ear, does the sound change?  Is it the same with the single flange tips?   The only other thing I can think of is to make sure the plug is in all the way.  Having the 3.5mm jack only part way in the hole can cause the...