or Connect

Posts by Steve_72

Spot on - I agree entirely with the above. These are the only headphones I've heard that give me that speaker like feeling. The air, separation, musicality and organic sound of instruments really separates it from other headphones I've owned and heard. I try not to gush too much about gear but these truly feel warranted the praise! I'm flabbergasted each and every time I put these on - something I can't say with any other headphone.  Really wish I head these years ago -...
Just bought a pair of GS1000e home today. I think in my almost 10 years in this hobby I have finally found the headphone that just seems to hit all the right buttons for me. I've owned and auditioned a whole gamut of headphones (HD800, HE560, LCD2, T1, HE1000X..etc) but have never really been entirely satisfied with any of them. These come pretty damn close. I've owned a few Grado's in the past but wrote them off after a few months due to sibilance and comfort issues and...
I would strongly recommend the MEE Audio Pinnacle P1. I've run through a large gamut of IEMs between $250-1000+ and these are by far the best built and best value IEMs that I've encountered. They retail for $259 CAD (headphonebar.com carries them) but easily perform at a level 2-3x their price.    http://www.headphonebar.com/mee-audio-pinnacle-p1/   A ridiculously good deal IMO given the performance/build/price.
Back up FS
Sorry..it's meant to mean cash from my end. I've re-worded the listing to reflect that better!
Yeah, I was pretty dumbfounded how such a formidable looking IEM could fit so well in my ear. The W60 are definitely the most comfortable since they are so lightweight, but they still protrude out my ear by a margin, regardless of which tips I use. The Jupiters sit much more flush inside my ear. The W60 are still a bit more refined and smooth to my ears in terms of sound signature while the Jupiters were much more dynamic and engaging. Only had the opportunity to test out...
I just had a chance to audition these and came away with a very favourable impression. Build quality is probably the best I've seen in an IEM but the pivoting cable seemed a little annoying. The body is really something to marvel at - very robust and industrial but just seems to slip inside the ear; maybe the best fitting universal I've tried. Very fun and dynamic sound - bass is strong and impactful and the treble is sparkly but non-fatiguing. Certainly holds its own...
Regrettably putting up my JH/A&K Angie's up for sale as IEM's seem to be causing some tinnitus issues for me. Comes with all original accessories - tips, portable case, bass attenuator screwdriver, cleaning tool. It comes with the original balanced cable but I've replaced the stock 1/8 cable with the newest Moon Audio version sold by JH Audio which is more supple, has  a more robust bass attenuator and a gold plated right angle plug. Condition is near mint as they've never...
I currently own both models (JH13pro is the original, non-freq) and you pretty much are correct with their respective sound signatures. JH 13pro does have  a smaller soundstage (in relation to the Angie - but still quite admirable) - much akin to being on stage with the performers while the Angie's feel more like sitting in the front row. The Angies are definitely more laid back with the music washing over you while the 13pros are much more lively and dynamic and up front....
I just auditioned these in store today and spent a fair amount of time with them. Darn they're bloody good - and a complete steal at the listed price IMO. Bar none the best build quality I've observed in an IEM regardless of price - the machined housing and braided cable just ooze quality workmanship and class. Really impressed with the sound quality as well. Sounds surprisingly airy for an IEM and has a very pleasant sound signature. Bass has a good weight to it without...