Posts by Steve_72

Floored how amazing these sound with jazz - I've never heard Miles Davis / Coltrane sound as euphoric as I have with these. It's the first piece of audio equipment I've actually believed to be worth every penny invested. Haha - enough gushing now. Back to listening!
Same here. I was quite surprised actually how much more I preferred the HEX.
Just purchased a pair today! I've been coveting these ever since the first version came out and I auditioned them in store. It was really the first headphone out of the multitudes I've owned and auditioned since starting this hobby that have really genuinely left me impressed from the get go.   Was really impressed with the Elears as well and ultimately was a/b-ing the two as to which I would walk out with. I was almost hoping the Elears would be able to edge them out as...
Had a chance to play around with one by surprise today @ Headphonebar. I didn't even know there was an x5 3rd gen until the owner was unpacking a demo! Was beyond impressed with its features and capabilities, interface and overall presentation. Was even more dumbfounded when I discovered the price - I was realistically expecting at least twice as much for what the package brings. I wasn't even in the market for a media player but I walked away so profoundly impressed I...
I actually just saw that! Going to go in store and audition them tomorrow along with the Elear.
 I have the same combo but started with the GS1000e! Just picked up the PS500e a day ago - bit of an impulse deal buy, but really enjoying them so far. I figure they're both different enough to warrant keeping them both for the moment as they excel with different songs.  It's funny, I used to not be fond of Grado's at all during my earlier years in this hobby, but now they're my go to headphones.
 Spot on - I agree entirely with the above. These are the only headphones I've heard that give me that speaker like feeling. The air, separation, musicality and organic sound of instruments really separates it from other headphones I've owned and heard. I try not to gush too much about gear but these truly feel warranted the praise! I'm flabbergasted each and every time I put these on - something I can't say with any other headphone.  Really wish I head these years ago -...
Just bought a pair of GS1000e home today. I think in my almost 10 years in this hobby I have finally found the headphone that just seems to hit all the right buttons for me. I've owned and auditioned a whole gamut of headphones (HD800, HE560, LCD2, T1, HE1000X..etc) but have never really been entirely satisfied with any of them. These come pretty damn close. I've owned a few Grado's in the past but wrote them off after a few months due to sibilance and comfort issues and...
I would strongly recommend the MEE Audio Pinnacle P1. I've run through a large gamut of IEMs between $250-1000+ and these are by far the best built and best value IEMs that I've encountered. They retail for $259 CAD (headphonebar.com carries them) but easily perform at a level 2-3x their price.    http://www.headphonebar.com/mee-audio-pinnacle-p1/   A ridiculously good deal IMO given the performance/build/price.
Back up FS