Posts by Steve_72

Hey everyone,   After some deliberation, I've decided to sell my Hifiman HE-560. While they are a fantastic set of cans - I already own the HE400i which while not quite on the same level, are similar enough to warrant selling these. Haven't had all that much actual head time but have burned them in the suggested 150 hours for optimal performance. Comes with the original box as well as packaging they shipped with. Less than one month old and in great condition. Note that...
I'm down for a November meet. 

I say the HE-560 is worth the price difference. I was completely enamoured with the HE-400i and still am, but after recently receiving the HE-560 I can't get over how much it does everything better. Both are great headphones though. The HE-400i are amazing for the price but the HE-560 is really something special. HE-400i wins on build and aesthetics though IMO. 
I would definitely second the HE-400 suggestion. Very fun headphones with a spacious soundstage and punchy yet not bloomy bass. Only stipulation is not everyone finds them comfortable as they are kind of heavy for headphones.
I don't think I'll be selling my HE400 anytime soon. They're both different enough to warrant having both IMO. HE-400 can't be beat when I'm looking for something visceral and energetic. 
I just received the HE400i a few days ago and am really pleased with them so far. Both headphones were fairly new purchases so I'm still formulating my opinion on them. Right off the bat though:T90 is much more lively and energetic. Soundstage is quite noticeably larger and there is better instrument separation. Bass and treble are a tad more accentuated. Easier to drive.  I find they really excel with jazz and rock. Haven't heard cymbals or piano sound as good as this on...
Just received my open box pair from RazorDog. Initial impressions are extremely, extremely positive ...soon as I pick my jaw up off the floor, I'll report with more . So far, these have far exceeded my expectations of them. Amazing job Hifiman!  I've never had this sense of awe from any  headphone I've owned before - including HD800/LCD2/JH13pro and HE560 (don't own but have auditioned for several extended occasions). Very pleased!
^ I know what you mean. I ultimately preferred my HD600 to the HD800 and LCD2 which I both sold off.