Posts by Pm@c

Would you suggest this card or the Auzentech Prelude, or the Asus Xonar D2 (PCI) for gaming/ listening to music (I have DT770's plus Z5500's).
Ive always been a fan of X-Fi's and high-end audio on my pc, so I am not looking for just a regular sound card, I need something that supports EAX 5.0 and directional audio etc etc, so I wont be using onboard for my 5.1 (my mobo doesn't have the best onboard). I was looking at the Auzentech X-Fi Prelude and the X-Fi Forte. Which would you suggest between those two cards and this Xonar? The Xonar would cost me an extra 50-75 bucks.
For gaming, how good is this compared to the X-Fi Raider 7.1? I was just looking at my motherboard, and the only 2 pci-e slots I have are the one that overlapts the ramp clips, so I dont know if that would pop out the ram or not, and the other one is like 1/4 of an inch or less away from my Video Card. I dont want the heat transferring or have the vid card messing up my sound card. I am debating on the pci-e ones (Forte) for like $150, or the Raider (pci) for like $75. Not...
I currently have a low end X-fi Extreme Audio, and am looking to upgrade. Im a little out of my element, haven't dealt with video cards in a while. I want something that sounds good for gaming, but also for music, such as Dream Theater, The Smashing Pumpkins, Metallica. I need something with good directional audio for gaming but crystal clear sound for music. I also need this card to have optical out so I can hook my Logitech Z5500's up to them for movies. I also...
Quote: Originally Posted by digihead How can I download the Guitar Hero rips in FLAC? Not sure if im allowed to suggest the means to download it.. since that is illegal (not sure head-fis policy on this) however do a google search for death magnetic guitar hero rip flac and you may find something..
Quote: Originally Posted by Crackerman Sorry I went to bed before I saw your reply, no its not malaise it is (very unfortunately) true. I'm a Metallica fan. A fan in that I like pretty much EVERYTHING they've done from Kill 'Em All through Load and Reload (hell, I love Reload). Pretty much everything except St.Anger and I even found a couple of sweet spots on that one, somehow. But Death Magnetic has been utterly, completely ruined by horrible...
I have had my DT770s for almost 2 years now, and i can already tell them are starting to die on me, as well as my amp i bought. the headphones have a slight crackle to them and are no longer as crisp and clear as when i first bought them. i was wondering (since im a college student on a budget) if i should bother upgrading to new headphones or if there is something i can do to bring new life to my cans (i liked them when i got them, had a nice punchy sound to it.. now its...
So Im happy with my DT770's. had em for about a year now. The thing is, they are starting to deteriorate, which is unusual. I wouldnt expect them to do this that fast. I can already tell that low end bass is starting to crackle. Now heres my question. Im wondering if perhaps someone can suggest some new headphones I can get (i used these for gaming and music). Now to let u know, i love these phones, so anything similar is what I am looking for. I was also wondering...
Quote: Originally Posted by evilking I'd take a nap and wait for the eternal darkness. That split second of pain when the asteroid hits would be too much Honestly, what else is there to do? How much of your life can you change in an hour? No time to do anything new and why spend the last hour of your life hurrying to do the things you've done a thousand times before or things you'd never do (and therefore not who you are)? If I'm around...
So I just bought a used car, a 97 Dodge Stratus. Now I know this is a headphone forums, so I was wondering if anyone knew anything about car audio or knows of a good forum for car audio. I am not looking to spend much. The car came without cassette or cd deck, so ive been using an FM transmitter with my iPod. But the static is killing me. I want to get a CD deck and i think i might get some new speakers, the right side front panel speaker is constantly vibrating, its...