Posts by Pm@c

Not sure if there is a Pet Peeves thread yet, if not, here goes: My most recent pet peeve is (I am a computer support technician) when all my customers talk about how much they dont know about computers blah blah blah, well that is all fine and dandy, but when I use the word "Default" how does nobody know what that means? I tried to tell someone that Firefox by default puts new downloads in a certain location compared to IE that lets you choose where to put the file,...
Long & McQuade - Departments Im going to this store tonight to test out some new phones. What are your thoughts on the DT990's and DT770's? I own the DT770's (80 ohm) already. Is the fact that the 990's are the same price as the 770's make it a hard to resist offer? Ive never done a testing before, what should I do or look for when testing all these phones (besides how much I like the sound). I usually listen to them in my room on my PC, sometimes there is alot of...
I have opened the headphones up and tried to clean them, but no go. I used to travel alot and used them in buses and such, but for the most part I took good care of them. Its just I recently got a Xonar Essence STX and I can tell that my headphones are dieing, heavy bass parts crackle and rattle. Ruins the experience.
I need closed, I have a noisy Dehumidifier running beside me, my PC itself is pretty loud too. I like the bass, the amount of punch and kick it had to it, while still sounding crystal clear. I liked how it sounded with heavy metal/rock, it was dark and hard. I like Dream Theater, Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, AC/DC etc etc. Anything from Rock, to progressive, to heavy metal, to Alternative. I even listen to some House or Techno every once in a while. I just loved the...
My DT770's are starting to die (64 ohm) and I am debating on whether or not to maybe try something new or just order a new pair of DT770's, maybe even the 250 ohm version this time since I have the equipment to power it. My question is, what would you suggest? Should I perhaps just buy a new pair, try to find someone to repair my current ones (Darth? Is it worth it if the speaker is damaged?) or perhaps look for a different set, something with a similar sound to the...
I recently purchased a Xonar Essence STX and have been trying to give them a listen. First off, ive had my DT770's (64 ohm) for 3 years now, they are starting to rattle and such, I am thinking the driver may be going on it. I need a new pair. Regardless, I find the bass lacking on this card, is there any way to tweak it with the STX Audio Center? I have no clue what the FlexBass does. Also is there a guide somewhere in general to maybe set up an stx with the...
But I thought the DAC only did 2 speaker, no 5.1 analog? *Edit: Post #666
Quote: Originally Posted by RicHSAD Why is it too close? I'm sure it would fit perfectly on the top of the video card. It will be close, but they wouldn't be putting slots there if you could not use them. If you do not need the multi channel capabilities of the D2X, then yeah, I think paying a little extra for the Essence would be well worth it. Again, better sound quality and you get an headphone amp.. You can get Essence STX for 197$ + 10$ next day...
Quote: Originally Posted by RicHSAD I see 3 PCIE x1 slot on that mobo .. you can fit a sound card there no problem. If you need 5.1/7.1 over analog, you will have to go for either the Forte or the D2X. As far as sound quality goes, the Essence is definitely the way to go. There may be 3, but the one to the left of the pci-e x16 slot in that picture is completely covered by my video card, the one next to it is too close to my video card to put a...
Im in a similar situation but the problem I have is that my motherboard: http://robotsa.com.mx/ecom/images/GI...5-ds3l_big.jpg Coupled with a GTX260 doesnt leave alot of room for the PCIE sound cards. The forte might overlap my memory slot clips, not sure if that would be a problem, and if I have it on the bottom PCIE slot, it may be too close to the vid card. What is the best for audio/gaming (more audio than gaming) in the regular PCI slot variety? Oh and if I were...