or Connect

Posts by Pm@c

Thank you so much.
Bump? I cant seem to find support forums for Xonar products to figure out why its not working for me.
I cannot seem to get my microphone working. I have it hooked up to the Line Out / Microphone out (next to headphone) and it shows up in my audio devices, I just think either its not working or its just not loud enough.
Not sure if there is a Pet Peeves thread yet, if not, here goes: My most recent pet peeve is (I am a computer support technician) when all my customers talk about how much they dont know about computers blah blah blah, well that is all fine and dandy, but when I use the word "Default" how does nobody know what that means? I tried to tell someone that Firefox by default puts new downloads in a certain location compared to IE that lets you choose where to put the file,...
Long & McQuade - Departments Im going to this store tonight to test out some new phones. What are your thoughts on the DT990's and DT770's? I own the DT770's (80 ohm) already. Is the fact that the 990's are the same price as the 770's make it a hard to resist offer? Ive never done a testing before, what should I do or look for when testing all these phones (besides how much I like the sound). I usually listen to them in my room on my PC, sometimes there is alot of...
I have opened the headphones up and tried to clean them, but no go. I used to travel alot and used them in buses and such, but for the most part I took good care of them. Its just I recently got a Xonar Essence STX and I can tell that my headphones are dieing, heavy bass parts crackle and rattle. Ruins the experience.
I need closed, I have a noisy Dehumidifier running beside me, my PC itself is pretty loud too. I like the bass, the amount of punch and kick it had to it, while still sounding crystal clear. I liked how it sounded with heavy metal/rock, it was dark and hard. I like Dream Theater, Metallica, Smashing Pumpkins, AC/DC etc etc. Anything from Rock, to progressive, to heavy metal, to Alternative. I even listen to some House or Techno every once in a while. I just loved the...
My DT770's are starting to die (64 ohm) and I am debating on whether or not to maybe try something new or just order a new pair of DT770's, maybe even the 250 ohm version this time since I have the equipment to power it. My question is, what would you suggest? Should I perhaps just buy a new pair, try to find someone to repair my current ones (Darth? Is it worth it if the speaker is damaged?) or perhaps look for a different set, something with a similar sound to the...
I recently purchased a Xonar Essence STX and have been trying to give them a listen. First off, ive had my DT770's (64 ohm) for 3 years now, they are starting to rattle and such, I am thinking the driver may be going on it. I need a new pair. Regardless, I find the bass lacking on this card, is there any way to tweak it with the STX Audio Center? I have no clue what the FlexBass does. Also is there a guide somewhere in general to maybe set up an stx with the...
But I thought the DAC only did 2 speaker, no 5.1 analog? *Edit: Post #666