Posts by Pm@c

So ive had my DT770 Pro 80 ohms for a little over 4 years now and they are starting to show their age. The drivers are crackly, the earpads are breaking (even though I can simply get those on ebay for 15 bucks) and altogether they are just starting to wear down.   I absolutely have loved them since I got them.   I use them for gaming, music (Dream Theater, Metallica, The Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, all FLAC files), and watching TV shows (Dexter, Boardwalk...
Is $223 CAD shipping included a decent price for the 80 ohms? Literally the only place I can find them from is some German Rock Shop on ebay.
Speaking of which, how come I cant find the 80 ohms on ebay anymore?   Cant find them anywhere, it seems the only things that exist now are the 250 ohms. Aside from Germany and Spain.
I have DT770 Pro 80 ohms right now, but they are like 4 years old now, getting to the end of their lifetime, old and rattling (ive cleaned them out, I think the drivers are dieing).    Anyways, I plug them into my PC, through an Asus Xonar Essence STX audio card, which has the option to handle impedences of like 500 ohms (theres 3 different settings, 0-60 ohms, 60-320 ohms, and 320+ ohms). Depending on what setting you use, it pushes more or less power through them,...
Think I might return them. Dont like em. Only thing is, my desktop mic I have to sit ridiculously close to for anyone to hear me.
Does anyone know of any mods or what not out there for the Siberia V2 headset that would make the ear cups have more pressure on my ears. Currently they sort of tilt out at the bottom of my ear, so that some outside sound is getting in. Compared to my DT770's, I think these things sound like crap since they are letting outside sound in, if I push them against my ear the sound is clearer. Just picked em up today cause I needed a headset (sick of leaning forward to talk...
So Ive been using DT770 80 Ohms for the passed 4 years, and am ready to get a new pair (they are worn out, not sounding as beautiful as they did brand new). I only use them on my PC, being driven by the Asus Xonar Essence STX. There are 3 settings in the control program for my sound card: Normal Gain: 0-64 Ohms High Gain: 64-300 Ohms Extra High Gain: 300-600 Ohms. Think this card is powerful enough to power the 250 ohms? It has no trouble with the 80 ohms, and sounds...
Ok I hooked my headphones up to my Z5500's, but one thing I am a little weary on is: I have to pretty much crank the volume to hear anything (crappy built in dac?) and I am afraid that if the headphones come unplugged its gonna switch to the normal surround sound which is gonna blow them up essentially, being that loud.. Edit: Nvm, just realized I still had my headphone amp stashed around here somewhere, that should do as a middle man volume management. Thanks for all...
I assume it will still only be in stereo and not surround right? Not that it matters. I just never thought of doing that..
Unless... There is a headphone jack on my Z5500.. I will have to try tonight to see if it will work... I think a DAC might be the best solution. Are there any sub $50 DACs that arent complete crap? Or is that wishful thinking?