Posts by Pm@c

I listen to ALOT of Dream Theater, and so the only way to get those at higher than 16/44.1 would be if DT released digital versions that hadnt gone through the compression?
So I currently listen to my music in flac 16-bit/44.1.   Space is not an issue for me. Should I re-rip my music to 24-bit/192? Is there any point? I want the highest quality sound, and I only plan to rip like 10-15 albums this way, so I could care less if the album is ridiculously big.   Im running the Xonar Essence STX with DT770s (60ohm).    Ive always been a little confused because ive always ripped with EAC + FLAC, and its always said the sample rate is...
Is it possible to use a Y splitter to input an audio signal from an MP3 player or something similar and a mic signal at the same time into the line in? My predicament is that I am trying to get my PS3 sound to go through my PC so I can use Steam to voice chat to a buddy of mine while we play PS3 games (because in game PS3 voice chat sucks). Basically I have optical input into my 5.1 speakers (Z5500), which have an analog output on the dock. I can plug headphones into...
All Ive ever used was the HA-FX33. I saw them on sale at a local retailer for like 10 bucks a piece in Canada here, and bought like 5 pairs of them. I use them to listen to music when I go to bed so these in ears don't last me more than 3-4 months a piece, and Im down to my last pair.   Been looking around, alot of places only carry the FX35's now. I dont like the look of them, but its comfort that really matters to me, as well as sound quality (I usually mod them...
Just curious if anyone else owns the Xonar Essence STX? What settings do you use (I know it has 2,4,6 and 8 channels) for various settings?   For music I use 2-channel, I use the Music Preset and then switch to DH-2 with Dolby Headphone enabled. I find it to sound the best for my DT770s.   For TV shows/movies, I use 6-channel and enable the movie settings, no other changes.   For gaming, I switch to 8-channel, and I enable GX and gaming mode.   What sort...
Got the gel pads today, feel really nice.   Had a HELL of a time putting them on.    However, Im not really loving the new sort of sound. Maybe I prefered the velour pads because it gave them more of an open sound. Maybe I should grab some DT880s?    I mean they sound alright, but it doesnt feel like the bass is a bit heavier and the sound is a bit murkier I find.   I guess they make such a huge sound change on my cans that I need to basically get used to...
The problem with those gel pads is I dont see anywhere to order them. And even if Beyer did sell them, they charge like 35 euros to ship to Canada, on top of the 40-50 bucks I imagine them to cost. Im not paying 80+ for a pair of pads.   Anywhere else I could order them from that ships to Canada?    I checked headphone solutions but they only have the black which I was told are uncomfortable. That and shipping is $39 to Canada. What is up with all these websites...
Can someone please give me a summary of the types of pads for the DT770 Pro? Ive been trying to do research but every thread is at least 6 months old and nobody has really said where to order from in Canada.   Had my DT770s for a few years now and the Velour pads are falling apart, I wanted to maybe get some leather pads but I dont know where to order for Canadian prices (Beyers site lists $29 for these...
Hate to derail the flow of the conversation, I was wondering if anyone had an input on the types of pads used with the 770s? My velour pads are falling apart and I was debating on the pads from Beyers site for $29 or the Jmoney pads (read the review thread, not too keen on ordering from Jmoney) for $55.    I was wondering what kind of material these are made out of since they dont...
Where do you order the pads from? I definately am keeping this headphones, and definately could use some pads right away. I was just thinking of having an alternate pair. Ill look into the Denons, thanks!   I was looking at those Jmoney pads but 55 bucks for a pair seems a little hefty for me. Is there any other place to order pads from, even if just the originals?   Also I was wondering if a recable would be worth it?   I was looking at...