or Connect

Posts by Pm@c

I just got my LD MKIII, and was listening to it last night from my record player (Rega RP1 > CA 640p > LD MK III > DT770). I am not through the burn in stage yet, so it didnt quite blow me away, but it will get there I am sure.     My question is, I have a Xonar Essence STX on my PC, that I normally listen to FLAC from. Would it be possible to use the RCA-out jacks on the Xonar to connect to the RCA in on my Littledot and basically use the Xonar as a DAC and the...
Somehow theres some sort of bobbing to my records. I just bought this thing and had it configured by the guy who sold it to me. I have it playing on a level surface, and the slipmap is flat.   The record is brand new, it definately is not warped because it happens with multiple records.   It bobs up and down (not sure if its normal, this is my first record player) and there is a bitch of fuzz each time it bobs (because the needle is getting more pressure on it at...
I think Im gonna end up getting a MK3
Not a single person has a suggestion for me?   I was looking at the LittleDot MK2 and MK3. Would anyone suggest either one over the other? Or something else entirely different.   I asked the guy I got my TT and pre amp from if he could get me a littledot mk2, and he says he doesnts get involved in cheap chinese crap.   Ive seen so many good reviews for the mk2, and the mk3, that I was a little surprised to here it called "cheap chinese crap".   Anyone?...
Shameless bump.   Saw mention of WooAudio, but their cheapest is 500 bucks. Not sure if I would get the most out of a $500 amp when my Rega was only $500 itself.   I should mention, I may be picking up some DT880's, so any amp that would go nicely with that as well would be good.
My setup is:   Rega RP1 >> CA Azur 640P >> AMP >> BeyerDynamic DT770's.   I need a good amp for around $150-$400.    Would be nice if it supported more than just headphone and could do speakers too (as I want to get a good pair of speakers down the road).
Ive got my TT, and just received my Azur 640P in the mail today, now I need to be able to hook them up and listen.   So I dont have a "proper" amp in the sense of the word, something that I can plug my headphones into (DT770).    I currently listen through my PC with my Xonar Essence STX. It has line in through the microphone port, so I would have to take the microphone out to listen through my PC. Im assuming I could use an RCA to 3.55 with a converter to the...
Ya, RCA cables.
Just got my RP1 and forgot to pick up a few accessories.   What do you guys suggest I need?    I was looking at this and wondering if it would be good or if there is something better?   http://www.amazon.ca/Anti-Static-Carbon-Fiber-Record-Cleaner-Brush/dp/B003ZVG60O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1317574037&sr=8-1   Or would this be...
So I just got my Rega RP1 today, and should be getting my CA 640P Monday or Tuesday. I want to be able to listen to it before next weekend, so I need to order some decent cables.   The guy I bought the RP1 from wanted to sell me Nexxtech cables, but ive never heard of them, I was a little weary to buy them.   I heard about a place online that you can order from that the guy makes them himself and ships them, but would I be able to get those done and shipped to me...