Posts by Pm@c

Bump
I need some decent quality speakers to run from my record player. I have some DT880's (600 ohm) and DT770's (80ohm) running from a Littledot MK3, but I want some speakers just so I can relax in my room, drink some beers and crank some Metallica/Dream Theater on vinyl.   You guys really helped me find my Beyer's, so your suggestions will be greatly appreciated here as well.   My set up:    Rega RP-1 > Cambridge Audio 640p > littledot mk3.   My budget is...
Every cable ive seen like that, it splits it up into 1 mic, and 1 speaker. And it should be 2 male 1 female. Ive gotten one in, but like I said, one end is for the mic, one is for the speaker.   I didnt think there even was a cable solution, I thought I needed some sort of dac or amp.
I am not quite sure what I need, but I need to be able to run 2 computers into 1 set of speakers (computers with standard 3.5mm jacks, speakers have standard 3.5mm jack). Do I need a special sort of amp/dac that takes essentially 2 inputs with 1 output? With the ability to be able to switch? Basically just need something cheap.
My friends mom came to me asking for advice on a headset for Christmas, and she only wants to spend around $40 bucks. I was wondering what the best option would be for gaming (I know a $40 headset wont sound the best, but this guy isn't exactly an audiophile)? Should be comfortable first and foremost, and it has to be a headset so we can talk through the mic when gaming (would be mostly for PC, but if theres anything that also works with an Xbox 360, that would be double...
Any help appreciated :).
Its that time of the year again, time to spend tons of money.   Anyways... my siblings and I bought our father a hot tub for fathers day, and hes really taken to it. He has built a little sort of enclosed space around it so that he can enjoy it in the winter time. I know he likes to chill out there and listen to tunes too, so we thought some outdoor speakers would be nice.   Our budget would be $100-$150. I dont need anything that sounds fantastic, just something...
I picked up a pair of 600ohm DT880's off of ebay for $230 (including shipping) that were slightly used. Very good condition actually, pretty much brand new. The guy told me they had less than 100 hours.   My question is, I'm going from Xonar Essence STX through line out to a Littledot MK3, using ASIO in foobar.    Going from DT770 80ohm, these are quite a bit different sounding. I am obviously going to have to get used to them, ive been listening to my 770's for...
I just got my LD MKIII, and was listening to it last night from my record player (Rega RP1 > CA 640p > LD MK III > DT770). I am not through the burn in stage yet, so it didnt quite blow me away, but it will get there I am sure.     My question is, I have a Xonar Essence STX on my PC, that I normally listen to FLAC from. Would it be possible to use the RCA-out jacks on the Xonar to connect to the RCA in on my Littledot and basically use the Xonar as a DAC and the...
Somehow theres some sort of bobbing to my records. I just bought this thing and had it configured by the guy who sold it to me. I have it playing on a level surface, and the slipmap is flat.   The record is brand new, it definately is not warped because it happens with multiple records.   It bobs up and down (not sure if its normal, this is my first record player) and there is a bitch of fuzz each time it bobs (because the needle is getting more pressure on it at...