Posts by DoomForce

I have been running multitudes of tests between the stock headphones of HTC One, a pair of Sennheiser MM70s, a pair of Soundmagic E10s and a pair of Philips Fidelio S1s, which are all considered to be excellent earphones by various sources. Here is my verdict:   The SoundMAGIC E10 were hurting my ears due to the very large and sharpely edged metallic housing of the headphones. Other than that, they sounded excellent for such a cheap earphone but the discomfort and lack...
 I will definitely enjoy reading your summary and get one step closer to understanding the dynamics behind proper equalisation. 
How often do you equalize your phones? I decided to follow your advice and skip the pink noise part and adjust mainly though trying to flatten the sine wave. This is what I experienced:With a pair of cheap yet trustworthy in ears, the signature is pretty flat and there's like, 3 audible peaks only. With Edition 8 there's about 10 of them or more, sometimes occurring through one ear alone. The signature seems heavily modified over a flat one, and tempering with it feels...
 Just the standard method of finding the peaks with a sine wave, then using a pink noise to flatten out the peaks. I takes about -7db for the peak at 6800 Hz (band width 200 Hz) to flatten out for me, but that results in a slightly muffled sound, which I perceive as loss of fidelity. 
I've been finding peaks on my headphones and equalizing them successfully now, but a new problem has risen. When I play back a song and try listening to it with and without the EQ, I can 'feel' a loss of fidelity in the EQ profile with the chopped peaks, even when I've reduced the gain of the peaks only around 4dB. The width of my bands is no larger than 0.2 8va.  Is it supposed to feel this way? Especially when chopping that peak around 6800 kHz, the music sounds slightly...
6.1kg 7.1kg 8.2kg   Good luck guys!
I haven't had any experience with headphone stands, that's why I'm asking. Do you guys think it's a good idea to keep using this stand, compared to just leaving the headphones in their travel bag on the desk?
Hey guys,   Give me a quick opinion on how you think this headphone stand accommodates this headband. I want to prolong the longevity of the headband and retain it's flexibility, so I would be glad to hear what you think from your experience. I'm mainly worried that the stretching might eventually degrade the leather somehow.   Here's two images with the headband fitted in different ways on the stand. Essentially this is the...
Hey everyone,   I recently found this guide online on how to equalize headphones, by removing resonance peaks in order to make the experience less sibilant and distorted at certain frequencies. You can read it here: http://dyli.sh/2012/02/29/Equalized-Audio.html   My gripe is that the guide uses a software called Soundflower, which is reported broken in OS X Mavericks. Furthermore, I am using a Meridian Explorer for my sound output, which I would like to keep using...
I bought the SoundMAGIC E10m and they turned out to be too big for my ears. Yes, an IEM that is too big that hits the outer part of my ear and causes quite some discomfort.   I would be grateful for some suggestions here guys. Just a couple words, then I'll do the hours of review reading :)